Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab70724)
- Product nameAnti-PRMT1 antibodySee all PRMT1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PRMT1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 300 and the C-terminus (residue 361) of human PRMT1 (NP_001527.2)
- Positive controlWhole cell lysates from HeLa, 293T, and mouse NIH3T3 cells. IHC-P: human colon adenocarcinoma FFPE tissue sections
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab70724 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to PRMT1 immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70724 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionArginine methyltransferase that methylates (mono and asymmetric dimethylation) the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues present in proteins such as ESR1, histone H2, H3 and H4, PIAS1, HNRNPA1, HNRNPD, NFATC2IP, SUPT5H, TAF15 and EWS. Constitutes the main enzyme that mediates monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation of histone H4 'Arg-4' (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Together with dimethylated PIAS1, represses STAT1 transcriptional activity, in the late phase of interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) signaling. May be involved in the regulation of TAF15 transcriptional activity, act as an activator of estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transactivation, play a key role in neurite outgrowth and act as a negative regulator of megakaryocytic differentiation, by modulating p38 MAPK pathway.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytosol.
- ANM 1 antibodyANM1 antibodyANM1_HUMAN antibody
- complete cds antibodyHCP 1 antibodyHCP1 antibodyHeterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein methyltransferase 1 like 2 antibodyHeterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins methyltransferase like 2 antibodyHeterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins methyltransferase like2 antibodyHistone-arginine N-methyltransferase PRMT1 antibodyHMT 2 antibodyHMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase antibodyHMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase S. cerevisiae) like 2 antibodyHMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase antibodyHMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 2 (S. cerevisiae) antibodyHMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 2 antibodyHMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase-like 2 (S. cerevisiae) antibodyHMT2 antibodyHRMT1 L2 antibodyHRMT1L 2 antibodyHRMT1L2 antibodyHuman mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant antibodyHuman mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant complete cds antibodyInterferon receptor 1 bound protein 4 antibodyInterferon receptor 1 bound protein4 antibodyInterferon receptor 1-bound protein 4 antibodyInterferon receptor 1bound protein 4 antibodyIR1 B4 antibodyIR1B 4 antibodyIR1B4 antibodyMrmt 1 antibodyMrmt1 antibodyPRMT 1 antibodyPRMT1 antibodyProtein arginine methyltransferase 1 antibodyProtein arginine N methyltransferase 1 antibodyProtein arginine N methyltransferase1 antibodyProtein arginine N-methyltransferase 1 antibodyR1B4 antibodyS. cerevisiae like 2 antibody
Anti-PRMT1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab70724) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Lane 5 : Whole cell lysate from mouse NIH3T3 cells at 50 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 45 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 3 minutes
Detection of Human PRMT1 by Immunoprecipitation in Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded), using ab70724 at 3 µg/mg lysate (Lane 1). Lane 2 represents rabbit IgG IP control. Subsequent Western blot detection of PRMT1 was performed using ab70724 at 1 µg/ml. Detected by chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 10 seconds.
ICC/IF image of ab70724 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70724, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of PRMT1 staining in human colon adenocarcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab70724, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab70724)
ab70724 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.