Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab73246)
- Product nameAnti-PRMT1 antibodySee all PRMT1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PRMT1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Non Human Primates
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human PRMT1.
(Peptide available as ab73687.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: HepG2 Whole Cell, Caco 2 Whole Cell, SW480 Whole Cell, Mouse Skeletal Muscle Tissue, Mouse Thymus Tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73246 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 42, 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).Can be blocked with PRMT1 peptide (ab73687).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionArginine methyltransferase that methylates (mono and asymmetric dimethylation) the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues present in proteins such as ESR1, histone H2, H3 and H4, PIAS1, HNRNPA1, HNRNPD, NFATC2IP, SUPT5H, TAF15 and EWS. Constitutes the main enzyme that mediates monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation of histone H4 'Arg-4' (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Together with dimethylated PIAS1, represses STAT1 transcriptional activity, in the late phase of interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) signaling. May be involved in the regulation of TAF15 transcriptional activity, act as an activator of estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transactivation, play a key role in neurite outgrowth and act as a negative regulator of megakaryocytic differentiation, by modulating p38 MAPK pathway.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytosol.
- ANM 1 antibody
- ANM1 antibody
- ANM1_HUMAN antibody
- complete cds antibody
- HCP 1 antibody
- HCP1 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein methyltransferase 1 like 2 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins methyltransferase like 2 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins methyltransferase like2 antibody
- Histone-arginine N-methyltransferase PRMT1 antibody
- HMT 2 antibody
- HMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase antibody
- HMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase S. cerevisiae) like 2 antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 2 (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 2 antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase-like 2 (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- HMT2 antibody
- HRMT1 L2 antibody
- HRMT1L 2 antibody
- HRMT1L2 antibody
- Human mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant antibody
- Human mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant complete cds antibody
- Interferon receptor 1 bound protein 4 antibody
- Interferon receptor 1 bound protein4 antibody
- Interferon receptor 1-bound protein 4 antibody
- Interferon receptor 1bound protein 4 antibody
- IR1 B4 antibody
- IR1B 4 antibody
- IR1B4 antibody
- Mrmt 1 antibody
- Mrmt1 antibody
- PRMT 1 antibody
- PRMT1 antibody
- Protein arginine methyltransferase 1 antibody
- Protein arginine N methyltransferase 1 antibody
- Protein arginine N methyltransferase1 antibody
- Protein arginine N-methyltransferase 1 antibody
- R1B4 antibody
- S. cerevisiae like 2 antibody
Anti-PRMT1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab73246) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 :
SW480 (Human colon adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab3957)
Lane 4 : Skeletal Muscle (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : Thymus (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa
Additional bands at : 39 kDa (possible isoform).
Exposure time : 30 seconds
PRMT1 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg HepG2 whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to PRMT1 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, HepG2 whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab73246.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 42kDa: PRMT1; non specific - 30kDa: We are unsure as to the identity of this extra band.
ICC/IF image of ab73246 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab73246, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HepG2 cells at 1µg/ml.
IHC image of PRMT1 staining in Human Hippocampus FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab73246, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX