Anti-PRMT5 antibody [PRMT5-21] (ab12191)
- Product nameAnti-PRMT5 antibody [PRMT5-21]See all PRMT5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [PRMT5-21] to PRMT5
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Monkey
Antibody was produced by the fusion of mouse myeloma cells and splenocytes from mice immunized with PRMT5 containing the C-terminal region of the Human PRMT5 (amino acids 315-637).
- EpitopeMonoclonal Anti-PRMT5 (protein-arginine methyl transferase 5) recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal region of PRMT5.
- Positive control
- Whole cell extract of human melanoma cell line G361.
- General notesIf slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use. Working dilutions should be discarded if not used within 12 hours.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberPRMT5-21
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12191 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 2 µg/ml (determined by using a whole cell extract of human melanoma cell line G361). Predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionArginine methyltransferase that can both catalyze the formation of omega-N monomethylarginine (MMA) and symmetrical dimethylarginine (sDMA), with a preference for the formation of MMA. Specifically mediates the symmetrical dimethylation of arginine residues in the small nuclear ribonucleoproteins Sm D1 (SNRPD1) and Sm D3 (SNRPD3); such methylation being required for the assembly and biogenesis of snRNP core particles. Methylates SUPT5H. Mono- and dimethylates arginine residues of myelin basic protein (MBP) in vitro. Plays a role in the assembly of snRNP core particles. May play a role in cytokine-activated transduction pathways. Negatively regulates cyclin E1 promoter activity and cellular proliferation. May regulate the SUPT5H transcriptional elongation properties. May be part of a pathway that is connected to a chloride current, possibly through cytoskeletal rearrangement. Methylates histone H2A and H4 'Arg-3' during germ cell development. Methylates histone H3 'Arg-8', which may repress transcription. Methylates the Piwi proteins (PIWIL1, PIWIL2 and PIWIL4), methylation of Piwi proteins being required for the interaction with Tudor domain-containing proteins and subsequent localization to the meiotic nuage. Methylates RPS10.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
modificationsDisulfide bonds and non-covalent association mediate homooligomers formation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- 72 kDa ICln binding protein antibody
- 72 kDa ICln-binding protein antibody
- ANM5_HUMAN antibody
- Histone-arginine N-methyltransferase PRMT5 antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 5 antibody
- HOMOLOG OF; SKB1 antibody
- HRMT1L5 antibody
- IBP72 antibody
- Jak-binding protein 1 antibody
- JBP 1 antibody
- JBP1 antibody
- PRMT 5 antibody
- PRMT5 antibody
- Protein arginine methyltransferase 5 antibody
- Protein arginine N methyltransferase 5 antibody
- Protein arginine N-methyltransferase 5 antibody
- S. POMBE antibody
- S. POMBE antibody
- S. POMBE HOMOLOG OF; SKB1 antibody
- SHK1 KINASE BINDING PROTEIN 1 antibody
- Shk1 kinase binding protein 1 homolog antibody
- SHK1 KINASE-BINDING PROTEIN 1 antibody
- Shk1 kinase-binding protein 1 homolog antibody
- SKB 1 antibody
- SKB1 antibody
- SKB1 homolog antibody
- SKB1: SKB1 homolog (S. pombe) antibody
- SKB1Hs antibody
References for Anti-PRMT5 antibody [PRMT5-21] (ab12191)
This product has been referenced in:
- van Bergeijk J et al. The spinal muscular atrophy gene product regulates neurite outgrowth: importance of the C terminus. FASEB J 21:1492-502 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17317728) »