Anti-PRMT5 antibody (ab31751)
- Product nameAnti-PRMT5 antibodySee all PRMT5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PRMT5
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide derived from within residues 600 to the C-terminus of Human PRMT5.
(Peptide available as ab30553.)
- Positive control
- HL60 (Human acute promyelocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate; HEK 293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate; NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31751 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/150. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 72 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa). ab31751 shows weak staining in mouse samples.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionArginine methyltransferase that can both catalyze the formation of omega-N monomethylarginine (MMA) and symmetrical dimethylarginine (sDMA), with a preference for the formation of MMA. Specifically mediates the symmetrical dimethylation of arginine residues in the small nuclear ribonucleoproteins Sm D1 (SNRPD1) and Sm D3 (SNRPD3); such methylation being required for the assembly and biogenesis of snRNP core particles. Methylates SUPT5H. Mono- and dimethylates arginine residues of myelin basic protein (MBP) in vitro. Plays a role in the assembly of snRNP core particles. May play a role in cytokine-activated transduction pathways. Negatively regulates cyclin E1 promoter activity and cellular proliferation. May regulate the SUPT5H transcriptional elongation properties. May be part of a pathway that is connected to a chloride current, possibly through cytoskeletal rearrangement. Methylates histone H2A and H4 'Arg-3' during germ cell development. Methylates histone H3 'Arg-8', which may repress transcription. Methylates the Piwi proteins (PIWIL1, PIWIL2 and PIWIL4), methylation of Piwi proteins being required for the interaction with Tudor domain-containing proteins and subsequent localization to the meiotic nuage. Methylates RPS10.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
modificationsDisulfide bonds and non-covalent association mediate homooligomers formation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- 72 kDa ICln binding protein antibody
- 72 kDa ICln-binding protein antibody
- ANM5_HUMAN antibody
- Histone-arginine N-methyltransferase PRMT5 antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 5 antibody
- HOMOLOG OF; SKB1 antibody
- HRMT1L5 antibody
- IBP72 antibody
- Jak-binding protein 1 antibody
- JBP 1 antibody
- JBP1 antibody
- PRMT 5 antibody
- PRMT5 antibody
- Protein arginine methyltransferase 5 antibody
- Protein arginine N methyltransferase 5 antibody
- Protein arginine N-methyltransferase 5 antibody
- S. POMBE antibody
- S. POMBE HOMOLOG OF; SKB1 antibody
- SHK1 KINASE BINDING PROTEIN 1 antibody
- Shk1 kinase binding protein 1 homolog antibody
- SHK1 KINASE-BINDING PROTEIN 1 antibody
- Shk1 kinase-binding protein 1 homolog antibody
- SKB 1 antibody
- SKB1 antibody
- SKB1 homolog antibody
- SKB1: SKB1 homolog (S. pombe) antibody
- SKB1Hs antibody
Anti-PRMT5 antibody images
Image courtesy of Human Protein Atlas
ab31751 staining PRMT5 in human prostate, showing a distinct and strong staining pattern in glandular cells. Paraffin embedded human skin tissue was incubated with ab31751 (1/150 dilution) for 30 mins at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was performed by heat induction in citrate buffer pH 6..
ab31751 was tested in a tissue microarray (TMA) containing a wide range of normal and cancer tissues as well as a cell microarray consisting of a range of commonly used, well characterised human cell lines. Further results for this antibody can be found at www.proteinatlas.org
All lanes : Anti-PRMT5 antibody (ab31751) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HL60 (Human promyelocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 :
NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7179)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 72 kDa
Observed band size : 75 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 110 kDa,37 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 6 minutes
References for Anti-PRMT5 antibody (ab31751)
This product has been referenced in:
- Nicholas C et al. PRMT5 Is Upregulated in Malignant and Metastatic Melanoma and Regulates Expression of MITF and p27(Kip1.). PLoS One 8:e74710 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24098663) »
- Gurung B et al. Menin directly represses gli1 expression independent of canonical hedgehog signaling. Mol Cancer Res 11:1215-22 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23928057) »