Anti-PSMA antibody [EP3253] (ab76104)
- Product nameAnti-PSMA antibody [EP3253]See all PSMA primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP3253] to PSMA
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N terminus of human PSMA
- Positive controlLnCaP cell lysate.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP3253
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76104 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/60.|
- FunctionHas both folate hydrolase and N-acetylated-alpha-linked-acidic dipeptidase (NAALADase) activity. Has a preference for tri-alpha-glutamate peptides. In the intestine, required for the uptake of folate. In the brain, modulates excitatory neurotransmission through the hydrolysis of the neuropeptide, N-aceylaspartylglutamate (NAAG), thereby releasing glutamate. Isoform PSM-4 and isoform PSM-5 would appear to be physiologically irrelevant. Involved in prostate tumor progression.
Also exhibits a dipeptidyl-peptidase IV type activity. In vitro, cleaves Gly-Pro-AMC.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in prostate epithelium. Detected in urinary bladder, kidney, testis, ovary, fallopian tube, breast, adrenal gland, liver, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and brain (at protein level). Detected in the small intestine, brain, kidney, liver, spleen, colon, trachea, spinal cord and the capillary endothelium of a variety of tumors. Expressed specifically in jejunum brush border membranes. In the brain, highly expressed in the ventral striatum and brain stem. Also expressed in fetal liver and kidney. Isoform PSMA' is the most abundant form in normal prostate. Isoform PSMA-1 is the most abundant form in primary prostate tumors. Isoform PSMA-2 is also found in normal prostate as well as in brain and liver. Isoform PSMA-9 is specifically expressed in prostate cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M28 family. M28B subfamily.
- DomainThe NAALADase activity is found in the central region, the dipeptidyl peptidase IV type activity in the C-terminal.
modificationsThe first two amino acids at the N-terminus of isoform PSMA' appear to be cleaved by limited proteolysis.
The N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Cell membrane.
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 27 antibodyCell growth-inhibiting gene 27 protein antibodyFGCP antibody
- Folate hydrolase (prostate-specific membrane antigen) 1 antibodyfolate hydrolase 1 antibodyfolate hydrolase antibodyFolate hydrolase prostate specific membrane antigen 1 antibodyFOLH 1 antibodyFOLH antibodyFOLH1 antibodyFOLH1_HUMAN antibodyfolylpoly gamma glutamate carboxypeptidase antibodyFolylpoly-gamma-glutamate carboxypeptidase antibodyGCP 2 antibodyGCP II antibodyGCP2 antibodyGCPII antibodyglutamate carboxylase II antibodyGlutamate carboxypeptidase 2 antibodyglutamate carboxypeptidase II antibodymembrane glutamate carboxypeptidase antibodymGCP antibodyN acetylated alpha linked acidic dipeptidase 1 antibodyN-acetylated-alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase I antibodyNAALAD 1 antibodyNAALAD1 antibodyNAALAdase antibodyNAALADase I antibodyprostate specific membrane antigen antibodyProstate specific membrane antigen variant F antibodyProstate-specific membrane antigen antibodyPSM antibodyPSMA antibodypteroylpoly gamma glutamate carboxypeptidase antibodyPteroylpoly-gamma-glutamate carboxypeptidase antibody
Anti-PSMA antibody [EP3253] images
Anti-PSMA antibody [EP3253] (ab76104) at 1/5000 dilution + LnCaP cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size : 84 kDa
Observed band size : 110 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-PSMA antibody [EP3253] (ab76104)
ab76104 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.