Anti-PSMA antibody [GCP-04] (ab66911)
- Product nameAnti-PSMA antibody [GCP-04]See all PSMA primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [GCP-04] to PSMA
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Pig
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 44-750 of Human PSMA
- EpitopeThis antibody recognizes amino acids 100-104 of the extracellular domain of PSMA.
- Positive control
- LNCaP cell line lysate. Human brain (medulla oblongata) and prostate gland tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH ~7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesPurity >95% (by SDS-PAGE).
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberGCP-04
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66911 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionHas both folate hydrolase and N-acetylated-alpha-linked-acidic dipeptidase (NAALADase) activity. Has a preference for tri-alpha-glutamate peptides. In the intestine, required for the uptake of folate. In the brain, modulates excitatory neurotransmission through the hydrolysis of the neuropeptide, N-aceylaspartylglutamate (NAAG), thereby releasing glutamate. Isoform PSM-4 and isoform PSM-5 would appear to be physiologically irrelevant. Involved in prostate tumor progression.
Also exhibits a dipeptidyl-peptidase IV type activity. In vitro, cleaves Gly-Pro-AMC.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in prostate epithelium. Detected in urinary bladder, kidney, testis, ovary, fallopian tube, breast, adrenal gland, liver, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and brain (at protein level). Detected in the small intestine, brain, kidney, liver, spleen, colon, trachea, spinal cord and the capillary endothelium of a variety of tumors. Expressed specifically in jejunum brush border membranes. In the brain, highly expressed in the ventral striatum and brain stem. Also expressed in fetal liver and kidney. Isoform PSMA' is the most abundant form in normal prostate. Isoform PSMA-1 is the most abundant form in primary prostate tumors. Isoform PSMA-2 is also found in normal prostate as well as in brain and liver. Isoform PSMA-9 is specifically expressed in prostate cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M28 family. M28B subfamily.
- DomainThe NAALADase activity is found in the central region, the dipeptidyl peptidase IV type activity in the C-terminal.
modificationsThe first two amino acids at the N-terminus of isoform PSMA' appear to be cleaved by limited proteolysis.
The N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Cell membrane.
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 27 antibody
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 27 protein antibody
- FGCP antibody
- Folate hydrolase (prostate-specific membrane antigen) 1 antibody
- folate hydrolase 1 antibody
- folate hydrolase antibody
- Folate hydrolase prostate specific membrane antigen 1 antibody
- FOLH 1 antibody
- FOLH antibody
- FOLH1 antibody
- FOLH1_HUMAN antibody
- folylpoly gamma glutamate carboxypeptidase antibody
- Folylpoly-gamma-glutamate carboxypeptidase antibody
- GCP 2 antibody
- GCP II antibody
- GCP2 antibody
- GCPII antibody
- GIG27 antibody
- glutamate carboxylase II antibody
- Glutamate carboxypeptidase 2 antibody
- glutamate carboxypeptidase II antibody
- membrane glutamate carboxypeptidase antibody
- mGCP antibody
- N acetylated alpha linked acidic dipeptidase 1 antibody
- N-acetylated-alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase I antibody
- NAALAD 1 antibody
- NAALAD1 antibody
- NAALAdase antibody
- NAALADase I antibody
- prostate specific membrane antigen antibody
- Prostate specific membrane antigen variant F antibody
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen antibody
- PSM antibody
- PSMA antibody
- pteroylpoly gamma glutamate carboxypeptidase antibody
- Pteroylpoly-gamma-glutamate carboxypeptidase antibody
Anti-PSMA antibody [GCP-04] images
All lanes : Anti-PSMA antibody [GCP-04] (ab66911) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 :
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 84 kDa
Observed band size : 84 kDa
Additional bands at : 115 kDa (possible glycosylated form),55 kDa (possible cleavage fragment),80 kDa (possible isoform),83 kDa (possible isoform).
References for Anti-PSMA antibody [GCP-04] (ab66911)
This product has been referenced in:
- Rovenská M et al. Tissue expression and enzymologic characterization of human prostate specific membrane antigen and its rat and pig orthologs. Prostate 68:171-82 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18076021) »
- Sácha P et al. Expression of glutamate carboxypeptidase II in human brain. Neuroscience 144:1361-72 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17150306) »