Anti-PTBP1 antibody (ab5642)
- Product nameAnti-PTBP1 antibodySee all PTBP1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to PTBP1
- Tested applicationsIP, IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Dog, Pig
Synthetic peptide: DGIVPDIAVGTKR, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 2-14 of Human PTBP1 .
- Positive controlJurkat lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 0.5% Tris-saline. pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5642 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 17967866|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60-65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61-64 kDa).Can be blocked with PTBP1 peptide (2-14) (ab23105).|
- FunctionPlays a role in pre-mRNA splicing and in the regulation of alternative splicing events. Binds to the polypyrimidine tract of introns. May promote RNA looping when bound to two separate polypyrimidine tracts in the same pre-mRNA. May promote the binding of U2 snRNP to pre-mRNA. Cooperates with RAVER1 to modulate switching between mutually exclusive exons during maturation of the TPM1 pre-mRNA.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 282018 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 5725 Human
- Entrez Gene: 19205 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397461 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29497 Rat
- Omim: 600693 Human
- SwissProt: Q8WN55 Cow
- SwissProt: P26599 Human
- SwissProt: P17225 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q29099 Pig
- SwissProt: Q00438 Rat
- Unigene: 172550 Human
- Unigene: 265610 Mouse
- Unigene: 472059 Mouse
- Unigene: 64440 Rat
- 57 kDa RNA binding protein PPTB 1 antibody57 kDa RNA binding protein PPTB1 antibody57 kDa RNA-binding protein PPTB-1 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein I antibodyHeterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein Polypeptide I antibodyhnRNP I antibodyHNRNP-I antibodyHNRNPI antibodyHNRPI antibodyMGC10830 antibodyMGC8461 antibodyPolypyrimidine tract binding protein (heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein I) antibodyPolypyrimidine Tract Binding Protein 1 antibodyPolypyrimidine tract binding protein antibodyPolypyrimidine tract-binding protein 1 antibodypPTB antibodyPTB 1 antibodyPTB 2 antibodyPTB 3 antibodyPTB 4 antibodyPTB antibodyPTB T antibodyPTB1 antibodyPTB2 antibodyPTB3 antibodyPTB4 antibodyPTBP 1 antibodyPTBP1 antibodyPTBP1_HUMAN antibodyPTBT antibodyRNA Binding Protein antibody
Anti-PTBP1 antibody images
Predicted band size : 61-64 kDa
ab5642 staining (1µg/ml) of Jurkat lysate (RIPA buffer, 30µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
ICC/IF image of ab5642 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal donkey serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab5642, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 donkey anti-goat IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab5642 staining in human normal testis formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab5642, 10µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Anti-PTBP1 antibody (ab5642) at 0.1 µg/ml + Human Ovary Lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 61-64 kDa
ab5642 (5µg/ml) staining of paraffin embedded Human Skin. Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6, AP-staining shows nuclear staining of keratinocytes.
References for Anti-PTBP1 antibody (ab5642)
This product has been referenced in:
- Neff AT et al. Global analysis reveals multiple pathways for unique regulation of mRNA decay in induced pluripotent stem cells. Genome Res 22:1457-67 (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22534399) »
- Hnilicová J et al. Histone deacetylase activity modulates alternative splicing. PLoS One 6:e16727 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21311748) »