Anti-Parathyroid Hormone antibody (ab53040)
- Product nameAnti-Parathyroid Hormone antibodySee all Parathyroid Hormone primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Parathyroid Hormone
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total parathyroid hormone
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from human Parathyroid Hormone corresponding to amino acid 71 to 100.
- Positive control
- A549 cell extract
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53040 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [A1/70] to Parathyroid Hormone (ab14493). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with ab14493 as Capture.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 13 kDa).|
- FunctionPTH elevates calcium level by dissolving the salts in bone and preventing their renal excretion. Stimulates [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblastic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PTH are a cause of familial isolated hypoparathyroidism (FIH) [MIM:146200]; also called autosomal dominant hypoparathyroidism or autosomal dominant hypocalcemia. FIH is characterized by hypocalcemia and hyperphosphatemia due to inadequate secretion of parathyroid hormone. Symptoms are seizures, tetany and cramps. FIH exist both as autosomal dominant and recessive forms of hypoparathyroidism.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the parathyroid hormone family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- hPTH antibody
- Parathormone antibody
- Parathyrin antibody
- Parathyroid hormone 1 antibody
- Parathyroid hormone antibody
- PTH antibody
- PTH1 antibody
- PTH1 receptor antibody
- PTH1R antibody
- PTHR antibody
- PTHR1 antibody
- PTHY_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Parathyroid Hormone antibody images
Standard curve for Parathyroid Hormone (Analyte: ab51234); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [A1/70] to Parathyroid Hormone (ab14493) at 0.2µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to Parathyroid Hormone (ab53040) at 0.5µg/ml.
Predicted band size : 13 kDa
References for Anti-Parathyroid Hormone antibody (ab53040)
ab53040 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.