- Product namePentoxifylline
- DescriptionPhosphodiesterase inhibitor. Cytokine inhibitor.
- Biological descriptionPhosphodiesterase inhibitor. Inhibits synthesis of TNF-α. Broad-spectrum inhibitor of cytokines. Displays anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive properties.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name3,7-Dimethyl-1-(5-oxohexyl)xanthine
- Molecular Weight278.31
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC13H18N4O3
- CAS Number6493-05-6
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Receptors & Transporters
- Enzyme-Linked Receptors
- Cytokine receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120725 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab54775 staining annexin V in HeLa cells treated with pentoxifylline (ab120725), by ICC/IF. Increase of annexin V correlates with increased concentration of pentoxifylline, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120725 (pentoxifylline) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab54775 (10 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-mouse polyclonal antibody (ab96879) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for Pentoxifylline (ab120725)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wei T et al. Pentoxifylline attenuates nociceptive sensitization and cytokine expression in a tibia fracture rat model of complex regional pain syndrome. Eur J Pain 13:253-62 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 18554967) »
- Vale ML et al. Antihyperalgesic effect of pentoxifylline on experimental inflammatory pain. Br J Pharmacol 143:833-44 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 15520047) »
- Mandell GL Cytokines, phagocytes, and pentoxifylline. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 25 Suppl 2:S20-2 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 8699856) »