Anti-Peroxiredoxin 6 antibody (ab73350)
- Product nameAnti-Peroxiredoxin 6 antibodySee all Peroxiredoxin 6 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin 6
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Non Human Primates
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 200 to the C-terminus of Human Peroxiredoxin 6.
(Peptide available as ab73681.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Testis (Rat) Tissue, Lung (Rat) Tissue, Liver (Mouse) Tissue, Ramos Whole Cell
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73350 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).Can be blocked with Peroxiredoxin 6 peptide (ab73681).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionInvolved in redox regulation of the cell. Can reduce H(2)O(2) and short chain organic, fatty acid, and phospholipid hydroperoxides. May play a role in the regulation of phospholipid turnover as well as in protection against oxidative injury.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ahpC/TSA family. Rehydrin subfamily.
Contains 1 thioredoxin domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Lysosome. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Also found in lung secretory organelles.
- 1 Cys antibody1 Cys peroxiredoxin antibody1 Cys PRX antibody
- 1 cysPrx antibody1-Cys peroxiredoxin antibody1-Cys PRX antibody24 kDa protein antibody9430088D19Rik antibodyAA690119 antibodyAcidic calcium independent phospholipase A2 antibodyacidic calcium-independent phospholipase A2 antibodyaiPLA2 antibodyantioxidant protein 2 antibodyAOP2 antibodyAop2 rs3 antibodyBrp 12 antibodyCiliary body glutathione peroxidase antibodyCP 3 antibodyEC 188.8.131.52 antibodyEC 184.108.40.206 antibodyEC 3.1.1. antibodyGPx antibodyKIAA0106 antibodyLiver 2D page spot 40 antibodyLtw4 antibodyLvtw 4 antibodyMGC46173 antibodymKIAA0106 antibodynon selenium glutathione peroxidase antibodyNon-selenium glutathione peroxidase antibodyNSGPx antibodyORF06 antibodyOTTHUMP00000032693 antibodyp29 antibodyPeroxiredoxin-6 antibodyPeroxiredoxin6 antibodyPHGPx antibodyPhospholipase A2 lysosomal antibodyPLA2 antibodyPRDX 6 antibodyPrdx5 antibodyPRDX6 antibodyPrdx6 rs3 antibodyPRDX6_HUMAN antibodyPRX antibodyRed blood cells page spot 12 antibodyThiol specific antioxidant protein antibody
Anti-Peroxiredoxin 6 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Peroxiredoxin 6 antibody (ab73350) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Testis (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Lung (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Ramos (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 25 kDa
Additional bands at : 48 kDa,55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab73350 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab73350, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% methanol fixed (10 min) HeLa, HepG2, Hek293 and MCF7 cells at 1µg/ml.
IHC image of Peroxiredoxin 6 staining in Human Hippocampus FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab73350, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX
Anti-Peroxiredoxin 6 antibody (ab73350) at 1 µg/ml +
Peroxiredoxin 6 protein (Active) (ab87631) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
Peroxiredoxin 6 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Rat Testis tissue lysate, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin 6 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Rat Testis tissue lysate lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab73350.
Secondary: Clean-Blot IP Detection Reagent (HRP) at 1/500 dilution.
Band: 25KDa: Peroxiredoxin 6
References for Anti-Peroxiredoxin 6 antibody (ab73350)
ab73350 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.