Phosphate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65622)
- Product namePhosphate Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Phosphate kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Sensitivity> 1 µM
- Range0.001 mM - 1 mM
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Phosphate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides an easy, quick and simple method for assessing phosphate over a wide range of concentrations. The assay utilizes a proprietary formulation of malachite green and ammonimum molybdate which forms a chromogenic complex with phoshphate ion giving an intense absorption band around ? = 650nm.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests Phosphate Reagent 1 x 15ml Phosphate Standard (10 mM) 1 x 500µl
- Research Areas
- RelevancePhosphate is one of the most important of the inorganic ions in biological systems. It functions in a variety of roles. One of the most important roles is as a molecular switch, turning enzyme activity on and off through the mediation of the various protein kinases and phosphatases in biological systems. Phosphate is also of great importance in mineralization processes and is a primary stimulus of algal blooms frequently found in bodies of fresh water, due to run-off from areas of high fertilizer use.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65622 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Phosphate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) images
Phosphate Standard Curve: Assay was performed following the kit protocol.
References for Phosphate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65622)
This product has been referenced in:
- Dai H et al. Transient binding of an activator BH3 domain to the Bak BH3-binding groove initiates Bak oligomerization. J Cell Biol 194:39-48 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21727192) »