Phosphatidylcholine Assay Kit (ab83377)
- Product namePhosphatidylcholine Assay Kit
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 0.2 mM
- Range0.2 mM - 2.5 mM
- Assay time0h 40m
- Product overview
Abcam's Phosphatidylcholine Assay Kit is a simple convenient means of measuring Phosphatidylcholine in a variety of biological samples. The kit utilizes an enzyme-coupled assay in which PC is hydrolyzed, releasing choline which is subsequently oxidized resulting in development of the OxiRed probe to generate fluorescence (Ex/Em 535 nm 587 nm) and absorbance (570 nm). Abcam's Phosphatidylcholine Kit measures PC in the range of 0.1 to 10 nmol per sample. PC is present in serum at ~0.2-2.5 mM (~50-200 mg/dL).
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is a phospholipid which incorporates choline as the headgroup of the lipid. PC is a major constituent of biological membranes and is involved in cell signaling through release of choline by phospholipase D leaving the second messenger phosphatidic acid.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests OxiRed Probe in DMSO Red 1 x 200µl PC Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml PC Development Mix (Lyophilised) Green 1 vial PC Hydrolysis Enzyme (lyophilized) Purple 1 vial PC Standard (10 µmol) (Lyophilised) Yellow 1 vial
- RelevancePhosphatidylcholine (PC) is a phospholipid which incorporates choline as the headgroup of the lipid. PC is a major constituent of biological membranes and is involved in cell signaling through release of choline by phospholipase D leaving the second messenger phosphatidic acid.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83377 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Phosphatidylcholine Assay Kit images
Examples of Colorimetric and Fluorometric Phosphatidylcholine standard curves using ab83377.
References for Phosphatidylcholine Assay Kit (ab83377)
ab83377 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.