Anti-Phosphoserine antibody [PSR-45] (ab6639)
- Product nameAnti-Phosphoserine antibody [PSR-45]See all Phosphoserine primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [PSR-45] to Phosphoserine
- SpecificityMonoclonal Anti-Phosphoserine reacts against phosphorylated serine both as free amino acid or when conjugated to carriers such as BSA or KLH. No cross-reactivity is observed with non-phosphorylated serine, phosphothreonine, phosphotyrosine, AMP or ATP.
- Tested applicationsIP, Indirect ELISA, WB more details
phospho-serine conjugated to KLH
- Positive controlWB: rat brain cortex lysate ( a main 50kDa band is seen by detection with biotin-avidin AEC staining) ELISA: phosphoserine conjugated to BSA
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer0.01M Na phosphate, 0.25M NaCl, pH7.6, 0.05% Na azide, 0.01% Thimerisol, 15mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberPSR-45
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6639 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Indirect ELISA||I-ELISA: 1/4000.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Can be blocked with Phosphoserine protein (Active) (ab100812). Do not use milk as a blocking agent or in diluents, as milk casein is phosphorylated at several serine residues. BSA is recommended instead. Stronger blocking agent percentage is recommended (e.g. 10%), in addition to varying loading amounts and shorter incubation time (1-2h RT)|
- RelevanceChanges in the serine/threonine phosphorylation state of a protein in response to various external stimuli can have profound effects on cellular signal transduction, apoptosis and carcinogenesis. The reagents, including phosphorylated protein/peptides, antibodies against the phosphospecific amino acid, are important tools to explore the activation of serine, threonine or tyrosine containing proteins. An aberrant protein phosphorylation is a hallmark of human disease, and the enzymes, particularly protein kinases, which control protein phosphorylation are recognized as a major new drug target family.
- phospho-Ser antibodypS antibodypSER antibody
Anti-Phosphoserine antibody [PSR-45] images
Anti-Phosphoserine antibody [PSR-45] (ab6639) at 1/200 dilution + Drosophila melanogaster whole tissue lysate 40 ug per lane at 40 µg
Sheep anti mouse (HRP) at 1/2000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
ab6639 used in Immunoprecipitation.Whole cell lysate prepared from murine mammary cells was loaded at 250µg.Cells were treated with 5ng/ml TGF beta for varying time periods.Protein A was used for the Immunoprecipitation step.ab6639 used at a 1/2000 dilution for 10 hours at 4°C.Western blot was performed with an HRP anti-PCBP1 polyclonal antibody, 1/10000 dilution.
References for Anti-Phosphoserine antibody [PSR-45] (ab6639)
This product has been referenced in:
- Uckun FM et al. Serine phosphorylation by SYK is critical for nuclear localization and transcription factor function of Ikaros. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:18072-7 (2012). WB, IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23071339) »
- Bodiga S et al. Enhanced susceptibility to biomechanical stress in ACE2 null mice is prevented by loss of the p47phox NADPH oxidase subunit. Cardiovasc Res : (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21285291) »