Pindolol Fluorescent ligand (Red) (ab118170)
- Product namePindolol Fluorescent ligand (Red)
Fluorescent β2 antagonist
- Biological descriptionFluorescent β2 antagonist (pKD values are 7.01, 7.96 and 6.42 at β1, β2 and β3 respectively). Wide range of applications which include localizing receptor distribution in tissues and cells, and live-cell imaging of receptor kinetics. Intrinsic, weak partial agonist activity at β1, β2 and β3 receptors (SEAP reporter gene assay).
Excitation wavelength: 633 nm
Emission wavelength: 650 nm
- Purity> 97%
- Selectivityβ1:7.01, β2:7.96, β3:6.42
- Molecular Weight833.00
- Molecular formulaC46H53BF2N6O7S
- Validation notesThe affinity of ab118170 at β1, β2 and β3 adrenoceptors was determined in a whole cell radioligand binding assay using [3H]-CGP12177.
ab118170 was shown to antagonize the activity of the non-selective β agonist, isoprenaline, in three recombinant CHO cell lines expressing either the Human β1, β2 or β3 receptor and a cyclic AMP-responsive secreted placental alkaline phosphatase (SPAP) reporter gene.
Addition of ab118170 to the basal or forskolin-stimulated cells did not significantly alter basal and stimulated SPAP levels.
To determine the KD for ab118170 at β1, β2 and β3 receptors, cells were treated with isoprenaline alone, or in the presence of ab118170, and the cyclic AMP-induced expression of SPAP measured.
The KD was calculated from the rightward shift of the agonist response curve.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Avoid exposure to light.
- HandlingFor imaging at β1 / β2 / β3 adrenoceptors use solutions up to 100 nM in DMSO.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118170 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Small Molecule Fluorescent Optical Detection||Small Molecule Fluorescent Optical Detection: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Receptor Localization||Receptor Localization: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Fluorescent Cell Imaging||Fluorescent Cell Imaging: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Pindolol Fluorescent ligand (Red) images
ab118170 ligand binding and displacement.
Top (a, C): ab118170 binding to two different live cell lines expressing β1 (A) or β2 (C) adrenoceptors.
Bottom (B, D): Binding blocked in the same two cell lines β1 (B) or β2 (D) by the unlabelled competitor ICI118551 (1 µM).
Nuclei have been counter-stained with Hoechst.
References for Pindolol Fluorescent ligand (Red) (ab118170)
ab118170 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.