Anti-Placental lactogen antibody (ab15554)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: Sodium Azide
Constituents: 10mM PBS, BSA. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15554 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionProduced only during pregnancy and is involved in stimulating lactation, fetal growth and metabolism. Does not interact with GHR but only activates PRLR through zinc-induced dimerization.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the somatotropin/prolactin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Choriomammotropin antibodyChorionic somatomammotropin A antibodyChorionic somatomammotropin hormone 1 antibody
- Chorionic somatomammotropin hormone antibodyCS1 antibodyCSA antibodyCSH_HUMAN antibodyCSH1 antibodyCSH1 antibodyCSH2 antibodyCSMT antibodyhCSA antibodyLactogen antibodyPL antibodyPL1 antibodyPlacental lactogen antibodySomatotropin precursor antibody
Anti-Placental lactogen antibody images
ab15554 staining Human placenta by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections).
Anti-Placental lactogen antibody (ab15554) at 1/100 dilution + Human recombinant hPL at 0.1 µg
HRP conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 25 kDa
Additional bands at : 10 kDa,14 kDa,45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 5 minutes
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Dr Stoil Dmitrov
ab15554 at 1/200 staining human BeWo (placenta choriocarcinoma) cells by ICC/IF. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked with BSA prior to incubation with the antibody for 30 minutes. A rhodamine conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary. The left hand panel of the image shows DAPI counterstain.
Anti-Placental lactogen antibody (ab15554) at 1/25 dilution + Human placenta lysate
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 23 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Placental lactogen antibody (ab15554)
This product has been referenced in:
- Drukker M et al. Isolation of primitive endoderm, mesoderm, vascular endothelial and trophoblast progenitors from human pluripotent stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 30:531-42 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22634564) »
- Adachi K et al. Role of SOX2 in maintaining pluripotency of human embryonic stem cells. Genes Cells : (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20384793) »