Plasma Membrane Protein Extraction Kit (ab65400)
- Product namePlasma Membrane Protein Extraction Kit
- Assay typeDirect
- Product overview
The Plasma Membrane Protein Extraction Kit provides optimized buffers and reagents for effective extraction of membrane proteins from mammalian tissues and cells. Unlike other available procedures that can only extract the total cellular membrane proteins (combinations of plasma and organelle membrane proteins), this kit was designed to not only extract the total cellular membrane proteins, but also purify the plasma membrane proteins specifically. The procedure offers consistent yield and high purity (over 90%). Membrane proteins prepared using the kit can be utilized in a variety of applications, such as Western blotting, 2-D gels, and enzyme analyses, etc. The entire procedure takes less than 1 hour.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 50 tests Homogenize Buffer NM 1 x 50ml Lower Phase Solution WM 1 x 20ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (Lyophilised) Red 1 vial Upper Phase Solution NM 1 x 20ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceMembrane Protein Extraction is a method for extraction of membrane proteins from mammalian tissues and cells. Many procedures extract total cellular membrane proteins which is a combination of plasma and organelle membrane proteins.
References for Plasma Membrane Protein Extraction Kit (ab65400)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang Z et al. p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) can promote ERK activation in a kinase-independent manner. J Biol Chem 288:20093-9 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23653349) »
- Mahavongtrakul M et al. Estradiol dose-dependent regulation of membrane estrogen receptor-a, metabotropic glutamate receptor-1a, and their complexes in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus in female rats. Endocrinology 154:3251-60 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23825124) »