Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor 1 Human ELISA Kit (ab108891)
- Product namePlasminogen Activator Inhibitor 1 Human ELISA Kit
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Serum, Plasma, Tissue
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity= 0.07 ng/ml
- Range0.078 ng/ml - 5 ng/ml
- Assay time4h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Type I plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) is a 43 kDa serpin family member that inhibits tissue- and urokinase-type plasminogen activators (t-PA, u-PA). This protein appears to be an important regulator of plasminogen activation by t-PA and extracellular proteolysis by u-PA. The plasminogen activator proteolytic enzyme systems are important not only for fibrinolysis but also for extracellular matrix remodeling, and have been implicated in a number of normal and pathological processes including angiogenesis, ovulation and embryogenesis, thrombotic and hemorrhagic disorders, connective tissue diseases, neoplasm and sepsis. PAI-1 is a prognosticator in breast cancer, gastric cancer, various forms of lung cancer and cervical cancer.
Ab108891 Human PAI-1 ELISA kit is designed for detection of PAI-1 in human plasma, tissue extracts, milk, saliva, and cell culture supernatants. This assay employs a quantitative sandwich enzyme immunoassay technique that measures PAI-1 in less than 4 hours. A
polyclonal antibody specific for PAI-1 has been pre-coated onto a microplate. PAI-1 in standards and samples is sandwiched by the immobilized antibody and a biotinylated polyclonal antibody specific for PAI-1, which is recognized by a streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate. All unbound material is then washed away and a peroxidase enzyme substrate is added. The color development is stopped and the intensity of the color is measured.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Biotinylated PAI-1 Antibody (100x) 1 x 80µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Diluent Concentrate (10x) 1 x 30ml PAI-1 Microplate 1 unit PAI-1 Standard 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 30ml
- Research Areas
Note=High concentrations of SERPINE1 seem to contribute to the development of venous but not arterial occlusions.
modificationsInactivated by proteolytic attack of the urokinase-type (u-PA) and the tissue-type (TPA), cleaving the 369-Arg-
- Clade EEndothelial plasminogen activator inhibitorEndothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor
- NexinPAIPAIPAI 1PAI-1PAI-1PAI1_HUMANPAI1_HUMANPLANH1Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1Serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitorSerpin E1Serpin E1Serpin peptidase inhibitor clade ESerpine 1Serpine1SERPINE1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108891 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor 1 Human ELISA Kit (ab108891)
ab108891 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.