Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2] (ab80356)
- Product nameAnti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2]See all Podoplanin / gp36 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5E2] to Podoplanin / gp36
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant protein, corresponding to amino acids 1 - 206 of Human Podoplanin / gp36, purified from E.coli
- Positive controlextracts from mouse kidneys
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesab80356 was purified from ascitic fluids by protein G affinity chromatography
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number5E2
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80356 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionMay be involved in cell migration and/or actin cytoskeleton organization. When expressed in keratinocytes, induces changes in cell morphology with transfected cells showing an elongated shape, numerous membrane protrusions, major reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton, increased motility and decreased cell adhesion. Required for normal lung cell proliferation and alveolus formation at birth. Induces platelet aggregation. Does not have any effect on folic acid or amino acid transport. Does not function as a water channel or as a regulator of aquaporin-type water channels.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in placenta, lung, skeletal muscle and brain. Weakly expressed in brain, kidney and liver. In placenta, expressed on the apical plasma membrane of endothelium. In lung, expressed in alveolar epithelium. Up-regulated in colorectal tumors and expressed in 25% of early oral squamous cell carcinomas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the podoplanin family.
modificationsExtensively O-glycosylated. Contains sialic acid residues. O-glycosylation is necessary for platelet aggregation activity.
The N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell projection > filopodium membrane. Cell projection > lamellipodium membrane. Cell projection > microvillus membrane. Cell projection > ruffle membrane. Localized to actin-rich microvilli and plasma membrane projections such as filopodia, lamellipodia and ruffles.
- Aggrus antibodyGlycoprotein 36 KD antibodyGlycoprotein 36 antibody
- gp 36 antibodyGP 38 antibodyGP 40 antibodygp36 antibodyGP38 antibodyGP40 antibodyHT1A 1 antibodyHT1A1 antibodyhT1alpha1 antibodyhT1alpha2 antibodyLung type I cell membrane associated glycoprotein antibodyLung type I cell membrane associated glycoprotein isoform a antibodyLung type I cell membrane associated glycoprotein T1A 2 antibodyOTS 8 antibodyOTS8 antibodyOTTHUMP00000009640 antibodyOTTHUMP00000044504 antibodyPA2.26 antibodyPA2.26 antigen antibodyPdpn antibodyPDPN_HUMAN antibodyPodoplanin antibodyPSEC0003 antibodyPSEC0025 antibodyT1 alpha antibodyT1 ALPHA GENE antibodyT1-alpha antibodyT1A 2 antibodyT1A antibodyTIA 2 antibodyTIA2 antibody
Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2] images
Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2] (ab80356) at 1/500 dilution + extracts of mouse kidney at 50 µg
HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2] (ab80356)
ab80356 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.