Anti-Prealbumin antibody [10E1] (ab53422)
- Product nameAnti-Prealbumin antibody [10E1]See all Prealbumin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [10E1] to Prealbumin
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Macaque Monkey
Full length native protein (purified) (Human) from plasma
- Positive control
- Human plasma
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA, HEPES, 0.15M Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number10E1
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53422 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 16 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Recommended to be used at 1µg/400µl of lysate.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionThyroid hormone-binding protein. Probably transports thyroxine from the bloodstream to the brain.
- Tissue specificityDetected in serum and cerebrospinal fluid (at protein level). Highly expressed in choroid plexus epithelial cells. Detected in retina pigment epithelium and liver.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TTR are the cause of amyloidosis transthyretin-related (AMYL-TTR) [MIM:105210]. A hereditary generalized amyloidosis due to transthyretin amyloid deposition. Protein fibrils can form in different tissues leading to amyloid polyneuropathies, amyloidotic cardiomyopathy, carpal tunnel syndrome, systemic senile amyloidosis. The disease includes leptomeningeal amyloidosis that is characterized by primary involvement of the central nervous system. Neuropathologic examination shows amyloid in the walls of leptomeningeal vessels, in pia arachnoid, and subpial deposits. Some patients also develop vitreous amyloid deposition that leads to visual impairment (oculoleptomeningeal amyloidosis). Clinical features include seizures, stroke-like episodes, dementia, psychomotor deterioration, variable amyloid deposition in the vitreous humor.
Defects in TTR are a cause of hyperthyroxinemia dystransthyretinemic euthyroidal (HTDE) [MIM:145680]. It is a condition characterized by elevation of total and free thyroxine in healthy, euthyroid persons without detectable binding protein abnormalities.
Defects in TTR are a cause of carpal tunnel syndrome type 1 (CTS1) [MIM:115430]. It is a condition characterized by entrapment of the median nerve within the carpal tunnel. Symptoms include burning pain and paresthesias involving the ventral surface of the hand and fingers which may radiate proximally. Impairment of sensation in the distribution of the median nerve and thenar muscle atrophy may occur. This condition may be associated with repetitive occupational trauma, wrist injuries, amyloid neuropathies, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transthyretin family.
- DomainEach monomer has two 4-stranded beta sheets and the shape of a prolate ellipsoid. Antiparallel beta-sheet interactions link monomers into dimers. A short loop from each monomer forms the main dimer-dimer interaction. These two pairs of loops separate the opposed, convex beta-sheets of the dimers to form an internal channel.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Cytoplasm.
- Amyloid polyneuropathy antibody
- Amyloidosis I antibody
- ATTR antibody
- Carpal tunnel syndrome 1 antibody
- CTS antibody
- CTS1 antibody
- Dysprealbuminemic euthyroidal hyperthyroxinemia antibody
- Dystransthyretinemic hyperthyroxinemia antibody
- HsT2651 antibody
- PALB antibody
- Prealbumin amyloidosis type I antibody
- Prealbumin antibody
- Senile systemic amyloidosis antibody
- TBPA antibody
- Thyroxine binding prealbumin antibody
- Transthyretin antibody
- TTHY_HUMAN antibody
- TTR antibody
- TTR protein antibody
Anti-Prealbumin antibody [10E1] images
Overlay histogram showing JEG3 cells stained with ab53422 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab53422, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
All lanes : Anti-Prealbumin antibody [10E1] (ab53422) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Transthyretin isolated from human plasma
Lane 2 : Human plasma
Predicted band size : 16 kDa
Observed band size : 16 kDa
Additional bands at : 35 kDa (possible non-specific binding),40 kDa (possible non-specific binding).
References for Anti-Prealbumin antibody [10E1] (ab53422)
ab53422 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.