Anti-Prealbumin antibody [EPR3219] (ab92469)
- Product nameAnti-Prealbumin antibody [EPR3219]See all Prealbumin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3219] to Prealbumin
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human Prealbumin (UniProt ID: P02766).
- Positive control
- WB: Human plasma and placenta lysates IHC-P: Human liver tissue
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR3219
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92469 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Heat mediated antigen retrieval is recommended before commencing with IHC staining protocol. HRP/AP polymerized antibody is recommended for use as a secondary antibody.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa.
Is unsuitable for ICC/IF or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionThyroid hormone-binding protein. Probably transports thyroxine from the bloodstream to the brain.
- Tissue specificityDetected in serum and cerebrospinal fluid (at protein level). Highly expressed in choroid plexus epithelial cells. Detected in retina pigment epithelium and liver.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TTR are the cause of amyloidosis transthyretin-related (AMYL-TTR) [MIM:105210]. A hereditary generalized amyloidosis due to transthyretin amyloid deposition. Protein fibrils can form in different tissues leading to amyloid polyneuropathies, amyloidotic cardiomyopathy, carpal tunnel syndrome, systemic senile amyloidosis. The disease includes leptomeningeal amyloidosis that is characterized by primary involvement of the central nervous system. Neuropathologic examination shows amyloid in the walls of leptomeningeal vessels, in pia arachnoid, and subpial deposits. Some patients also develop vitreous amyloid deposition that leads to visual impairment (oculoleptomeningeal amyloidosis). Clinical features include seizures, stroke-like episodes, dementia, psychomotor deterioration, variable amyloid deposition in the vitreous humor.
Defects in TTR are a cause of hyperthyroxinemia dystransthyretinemic euthyroidal (HTDE) [MIM:145680]. It is a condition characterized by elevation of total and free thyroxine in healthy, euthyroid persons without detectable binding protein abnormalities.
Defects in TTR are a cause of carpal tunnel syndrome type 1 (CTS1) [MIM:115430]. It is a condition characterized by entrapment of the median nerve within the carpal tunnel. Symptoms include burning pain and paresthesias involving the ventral surface of the hand and fingers which may radiate proximally. Impairment of sensation in the distribution of the median nerve and thenar muscle atrophy may occur. This condition may be associated with repetitive occupational trauma, wrist injuries, amyloid neuropathies, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transthyretin family.
- DomainEach monomer has two 4-stranded beta sheets and the shape of a prolate ellipsoid. Antiparallel beta-sheet interactions link monomers into dimers. A short loop from each monomer forms the main dimer-dimer interaction. These two pairs of loops separate the opposed, convex beta-sheets of the dimers to form an internal channel.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Cytoplasm.
- Amyloid polyneuropathy antibody
- Amyloidosis I antibody
- ATTR antibody
- Carpal tunnel syndrome 1 antibody
- CTS antibody
- CTS1 antibody
- Dysprealbuminemic euthyroidal hyperthyroxinemia antibody
- Dystransthyretinemic hyperthyroxinemia antibody
- HsT2651 antibody
- PALB antibody
- Prealbumin amyloidosis type I antibody
- Prealbumin antibody
- Senile systemic amyloidosis antibody
- TBPA antibody
- Thyroxine binding prealbumin antibody
- Transthyretin antibody
- TTHY_HUMAN antibody
- TTR antibody
- TTR protein antibody
Anti-Prealbumin antibody [EPR3219] images
All lanes : Anti-Prealbumin antibody [EPR3219] (ab92469) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human plasma lysate
Lane 2 : Human placenta lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 16 kDa
ab92469, at a 1/100 dilution, staining Prealbumin in paraffin embedded Human liver tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-Prealbumin antibody [EPR3219] (ab92469)
ab92469 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.