Anti-Prealbumin antibody (ab106558)
- Product nameAnti-Prealbumin antibodySee all Prealbumin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Prealbumin
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids near the center of Human Prealbumin (P02766).
- Positive control
- Human lung tissue; Human lung tissue lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106558 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionThyroid hormone-binding protein. Probably transports thyroxine from the bloodstream to the brain.
- Tissue specificityDetected in serum and cerebrospinal fluid (at protein level). Highly expressed in choroid plexus epithelial cells. Detected in retina pigment epithelium and liver.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TTR are the cause of amyloidosis transthyretin-related (AMYL-TTR) [MIM:105210]. A hereditary generalized amyloidosis due to transthyretin amyloid deposition. Protein fibrils can form in different tissues leading to amyloid polyneuropathies, amyloidotic cardiomyopathy, carpal tunnel syndrome, systemic senile amyloidosis. The disease includes leptomeningeal amyloidosis that is characterized by primary involvement of the central nervous system. Neuropathologic examination shows amyloid in the walls of leptomeningeal vessels, in pia arachnoid, and subpial deposits. Some patients also develop vitreous amyloid deposition that leads to visual impairment (oculoleptomeningeal amyloidosis). Clinical features include seizures, stroke-like episodes, dementia, psychomotor deterioration, variable amyloid deposition in the vitreous humor.
Defects in TTR are a cause of hyperthyroxinemia dystransthyretinemic euthyroidal (HTDE) [MIM:145680]. It is a condition characterized by elevation of total and free thyroxine in healthy, euthyroid persons without detectable binding protein abnormalities.
Defects in TTR are a cause of carpal tunnel syndrome type 1 (CTS1) [MIM:115430]. It is a condition characterized by entrapment of the median nerve within the carpal tunnel. Symptoms include burning pain and paresthesias involving the ventral surface of the hand and fingers which may radiate proximally. Impairment of sensation in the distribution of the median nerve and thenar muscle atrophy may occur. This condition may be associated with repetitive occupational trauma, wrist injuries, amyloid neuropathies, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transthyretin family.
- DomainEach monomer has two 4-stranded beta sheets and the shape of a prolate ellipsoid. Antiparallel beta-sheet interactions link monomers into dimers. A short loop from each monomer forms the main dimer-dimer interaction. These two pairs of loops separate the opposed, convex beta-sheets of the dimers to form an internal channel.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Cytoplasm.
- Amyloid polyneuropathy antibody
- Amyloidosis I antibody
- ATTR antibody
- Carpal tunnel syndrome 1 antibody
- CTS antibody
- CTS1 antibody
- Dysprealbuminemic euthyroidal hyperthyroxinemia antibody
- Dystransthyretinemic hyperthyroxinemia antibody
- HsT2651 antibody
- PALB antibody
- Prealbumin amyloidosis type I antibody
- Prealbumin antibody
- Senile systemic amyloidosis antibody
- TBPA antibody
- Thyroxine binding prealbumin antibody
- Transthyretin antibody
- TTHY_HUMAN antibody
- TTR antibody
- TTR protein antibody
Anti-Prealbumin antibody images
Immunofluorescence of Prealbumin in Human lung tissue with ab106558 at 20 ug/mL.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Prealbumin in Human lung tissue, using ab106558 at 2.5 µg/ml.
Lane 1 : Anti-Prealbumin antibody (ab106558) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Prealbumin antibody (ab106558) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human lung tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Human lung tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 16 kDa
References for Anti-Prealbumin antibody (ab106558)
ab106558 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.