Anti-Presenilin 1 + 2 antibody (ab60120)
- Product nameAnti-Presenilin 1 + 2 antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Presenilin 1 + 2
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (10-30 aa in length) conjugated to KLH, in the region of amino acids 126-143 of Human Presenilin 1 and Presenilin 2.
- Positive controlHela cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab60120 is purified through a protein G column and eluted out with both high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately after elution, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60120 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: Presenilin 1 53 kDa; Presenilin 2 50 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceAlzheimer's disease (AD) patients with an inherited form of the disease carry mutations in the presenilin proteins (PSEN1; PSEN2) or the amyloid precursor protein (APP). These disease-linked mutations result in increased production of the longer form of amyloid-beta (main component of amyloid deposits found in AD brains). Presenilins are postulated to regulate APP processing through their effects on gamma-secretase, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein. Golgi apparatus membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein. Cell surface.
- AD 3 antibodyAD4 antibodyAD5 antibody
- Alzheimer disease 3 antibodyAlzheimer disease 4 antibodyFAD antibodyPresenilin 1 antibodyPresenilin 2 antibodyPresenilin1 antibodyPS1 antibodyPS2 antibodyPSEN1 antibodyPSEN2 antibodySTM2 antibody
Anti-Presenilin 1 + 2 antibody images
Anti-Presenilin 1 + 2 antibody (ab60120) at 1/100 dilution + Hela cell lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 53 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Presenilin 1 + 2 antibody (ab60120)
ab60120 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.