Anti-Presenilin 1 antibody (ab53717)
- Product nameAnti-Presenilin 1 antibodySee all Presenilin 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Presenilin 1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
The immunogen used for this antibody is a sequence taken from within amino acids 1-100 of human presenilin-1.
- Positive control
- Human brain. Mouse heart.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53717 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionProbable catalytic subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Requires the other members of the gamma-secretase complex to have a protease activity. May play a role in intracellular signaling and gene expression or in linking chromatin to the nuclear membrane. Stimulates cell-cell adhesion though its association with the E-cadherin/catenin complex. Under conditions of apoptosis or calcium influx, cleaves E-cadherin promoting the disassembly of the E-cadherin/catenin complex and increasing the pool of cytoplasmic beta-catenin, thus negatively regulating Wnt signaling. May also play a role in hematopoiesis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide range of tissues including various regions of the brain, liver, spleen and lymph nodes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PSEN1 are a cause of Alzheimer disease type 3 (AD3) [MIM:607822]. AD3 is a familial early-onset form of Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer disease is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by progressive dementia, loss of cognitive abilities, and deposition of fibrillar amyloid proteins as intraneuronal neurofibrillary tangles, extracellular amyloid plaques and vascular amyloid deposits. The major constituent of these plaques is the neurotoxic amyloid-beta-APP 40-42 peptide (s), derived proteolytically from the transmembrane precursor protein APP by sequential secretase processing. The cytotoxic C-terminal fragments (CTFs) and the caspase-cleaved products such as C31 derived from APP, are also implicated in neuronal death.
Defects in PSEN1 are a cause of frontotemporal dementia [MIM:600274].
Defects in PSEN1 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1U (CMD1U) [MIM:613694]. It is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
Defects in PSEN1 are the cause of acne inversa familial type 3 (ACNIF3) [MIM:613737]. A chronic relapsing inflammatory disease of the hair follicles characterized by recurrent draining sinuses, painful skin abscesses, and disfiguring scars. Manifestations typically appear after puberty.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A22A family.
- DomainThe PAL motif is required for normal active site conformation.
modificationsHeterogeneous proteolytic processing generates N-terminal (NTF) and C-terminal (CTF) fragments of approximately 35 and 20 kDa, respectively. During apoptosis, the C-terminal fragment (CTF) is further cleaved by caspase-3 to produce the fragment, PS1-CTF12.
After endoproteolysis, the C-terminal fragment (CTF) is phosphorylated on serine residues by PKA and/or PKC. Phosphorylation on Ser-346 inhibits endoproteolysis.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Cell surface. Bound to NOTCH1 also at the cell surface. Colocalizes with CDH1/2 at sites of cell-cell contact. Colocalizes with CTNNB1 in the endoplasmic reticulum and the proximity of the plasma membrane. Also present in azurophil granules of neutrophils.
- AD 3 antibody
- AD3 antibody
- Ad3h antibody
- Alzheimer Disease 3 antibody
- FAD antibody
- Homo Sapiens Clone CC44 Senilin 1 antibody
- Presenilin-1 CTF12 antibody
- Presenilin1 antibody
- Protein S182 antibody
- PS 1 antibody
- PS-1 antibody
- PS1 antibody
- PS1-CTF12 antibody
- PSEN 1 antibody
- PSEN1 antibody
- PSN1_HUMAN antibody
- PSNL 1 antibody
- PSNL1 antibody
- S182 antibody
- S182 Protein antibody
- Senilin 1 antibody
Anti-Presenilin 1 antibody images
ab53717, at a 1/50 dilution, staining Human Presenilin 1 by Immunohistochemistry in mouse brain brain paraffin embedded tissue,
ab53717, at a 1/50 dilution, plus immunising peptide, staining Human Presenilin 1 by Immunohistochemistry, in mouse brain paraffin embedded tissue.
All lanes : Anti-Presenilin 1 antibody (ab53717) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from mouse heart cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from mouse heart cells, plus immunizing peptide
Predicted band size : 53 kDa
Observed band size : 53 kDa
References for Anti-Presenilin 1 antibody (ab53717)
ab53717 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.