Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody [APS 26] (ab15549)
- Product nameAnti-Presenilin 2 antibody [APS 26]See all Presenilin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [APS 26] to Presenilin 2
- SpecificityNo cross-reactivity is seen with presenilin 1.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Synthetic peptide: CLPYDPEMEEDSYDSFGEP, corresponding to amino acids 317-334 of Human Presenilin 2 with N-terminally added cysteine.
- Positive controlRAW cells.
- Storage instructionsAliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAPS 26
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15549 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21163940|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21163940|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 12 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 20, 45 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 4.5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionProbable catalytic subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Requires the other members of the gamma-secretase complex to have a protease activity. May play a role in intracellular signaling and gene expression or in linking chromatin to the nuclear membrane. May function in the cytoplasmic partitioning of proteins.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is seen in the placenta, skeletal muscle and heart while isoform 2 is seen in the heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PSEN2 are the cause of Alzheimer disease type 4 (AD4) [MIM:606889]. AD is an autosomal dominant Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer disease is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by progressive dementia, loss of cognitive abilities, and deposition of fibrillar amyloid proteins as intraneuronal neurofibrillary tangles, extracellular amyloid plaques and vascular amyloid deposits. The major constituent of these plaques is the neurotoxic amyloid-beta-APP 40-42 peptide (s), derived proteolytically from the transmembrane precursor protein APP by sequential secretase processing. The cytotoxic C-terminal fragments (CTFs) and the caspase-cleaved products such as C31 derived from APP, are also implicated in neuronal death.
Defects in PSEN2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1V (CMD1V) [MIM:613697]. It is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A22A family.
- DomainThe PAL motif is required for normal active site conformation.
modificationsHeterogeneous proteolytic processing generates N-terminal and C-terminal fragments.
Phosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane.
- AD 4 antibodyAD 4 antibodyAD3L antibody
- AD3L antibodyAD3LP antibodyAD3LP antibodyAD4 antibodyAD4 antibodyAD5 antibodyAD5 antibodyAlzheimer disease 4 antibodyAlzheimer disease 4 antibodyAlzheimer Disease Familial Type 4 antibodyAlzheimer Disease Familial Type 4 antibodyAlzheimer's disease 3 like antibodyAlzheimer's disease 3 like antibodyCMD1V antibodyE5 1 antibodyE5 1 antibodyE5-1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035671 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035672 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228286 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228288 antibodyPresenilin 2 (Alzheimer disease 4) antibodyPresenilin 2 antibodyPresenilin-2 CTF subunit antibodyPS 2 antibodyPS 2 antibodyPS-2 antibodyPS2 antibodyPS2 antibodyPSEN 2 antibodyPSEN 2 antibodyPSEN2 antibodyPSEN2 antibodyPSN2_HUMAN antibodyPSNL2 antibodyPSNL2 antibodySTM-2 antibodySTM2 antibodySTM2 antibody
Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody [APS 26] images
IF staining PS2 using ab15549
Immunohistochemistry was performed on normal biopsies of deparaffinized Human kidney tissue. To expose target proteins heat induced antigen retrieval was performed using 10mM sodium citrate (pH6.0) buffer microwaved for 8-15 minutes. Following antigen retrieval tissues were blocked in 3% BSA-PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Tissues were then probed at a dilution of 1:20 with a mouse monoclonal antibody recognizing Presenilin 2 ab15549 or without primary antibody (negative control) overnight at 4°C in a humidified chamber. Tissues were washed extensively with PBST and endogenous peroxidase activity was quenched with a peroxidase suppressor. Detection was performed using a biotin-conjugated secondary antibody and SA-HRP followed by colorimetric detection using DAB. Tissues were counterstained with hematoxylin and prepped for mounting.
References for Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody [APS 26] (ab15549)
This product has been referenced in:
- Soler-López M et al. Interactome mapping suggests new mechanistic details underlying Alzheimer's disease. Genome Res 21:364-76 (2011). WB, ICC/IF, IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21163940) »