Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody [EP1515Y] (ab51249)
- Product nameAnti-Presenilin 2 antibody [EP1515Y]See all Presenilin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1515Y] to Presenilin 2
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues on the C terminus of human Presenilin 2.
- Positive controlPC-12 cell lysate or human kidney tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1515Y
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51249 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- FunctionProbable catalytic subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Requires the other members of the gamma-secretase complex to have a protease activity. May play a role in intracellular signaling and gene expression or in linking chromatin to the nuclear membrane. May function in the cytoplasmic partitioning of proteins.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is seen in the placenta, skeletal muscle and heart while isoform 2 is seen in the heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PSEN2 are the cause of Alzheimer disease type 4 (AD4) [MIM:606889]. AD is an autosomal dominant Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer disease is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by progressive dementia, loss of cognitive abilities, and deposition of fibrillar amyloid proteins as intraneuronal neurofibrillary tangles, extracellular amyloid plaques and vascular amyloid deposits. The major constituent of these plaques is the neurotoxic amyloid-beta-APP 40-42 peptide (s), derived proteolytically from the transmembrane precursor protein APP by sequential secretase processing. The cytotoxic C-terminal fragments (CTFs) and the caspase-cleaved products such as C31 derived from APP, are also implicated in neuronal death.
Defects in PSEN2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1V (CMD1V) [MIM:613697]. It is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A22A family.
- DomainThe PAL motif is required for normal active site conformation.
modificationsHeterogeneous proteolytic processing generates N-terminal and C-terminal fragments.
Phosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane.
- AD 3L antibodyAD 3LP antibodyAD 4 antibody
- AD 5 antibodyAD3L antibodyAD3LP antibodyAD4 antibodyAD5 antibodyAlzheimer disease 4 antibodyAlzheimer disease familial type 4 antibodyCMD1V antibodyE5 1 antibodyE5-1 antibodyEC 3.4.23. antibodyOTTHUMP00000035671 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035672 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228286 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228288 antibodyPresenilin 2 (Alzheimer disease 4) antibodyPresenilin 2 antibodyPresenilin-2 CTF subunit antibodyPresenilin2 antibodyPS 2 antibodyPS-2 antibodyPS2 antibodyPSEN 2 antibodyPsen2 antibodyPSN2_HUMAN antibodyPSNL 2 antibodyPSNL2 antibodySTM 2 antibodySTM-2 antibodySTM2 antibody
Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody [EP1515Y] images
Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody [EP1515Y] (ab51249) at 1/200000 dilution + PC-12 cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 23 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab51249 (1:50) staining human Presenilin 2 in human kidney tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody [EP1515Y] (ab51249) at 1/1000 dilution (for 16 hours at 4°C) + Human HeLa cells - whole cell lysate at 30 µg
An HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 24 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 1 minute
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
ab51249 Immunoprecipitating Presenilin 2 in human HeLa whole cell lysate. 200µg of cell lysate was incubated with undiluted primary antibody and matrix (Protein G) for 1 hour at 4°C. For western blotting ab51249 (1/1000) was used to confirm successful immunoprecipation.
References for Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody [EP1515Y] (ab51249)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tanveer R et al. The Endocannabinoid, Anandamide, Augments Notch-1 Signaling in Cultured Cortical Neurons Exposed to Amyloid-ß and in the Cortex of Aged Rats. J Biol Chem 287:34709-21 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22891244) »