Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody - N-terminal (ab60121)
- Product nameAnti-Presenilin 2 antibody - N-terminalSee all Presenilin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Presenilin 2 - N-terminal
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide from the N-terminal region (Human) conjugated to KLH
- Positive controlMouse kidney tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab60121 is purified through a protein G column, eluted with high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60121 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
- FunctionProbable catalytic subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Requires the other members of the gamma-secretase complex to have a protease activity. May play a role in intracellular signaling and gene expression or in linking chromatin to the nuclear membrane. May function in the cytoplasmic partitioning of proteins.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is seen in the placenta, skeletal muscle and heart while isoform 2 is seen in the heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PSEN2 are the cause of Alzheimer disease type 4 (AD4) [MIM:606889]. AD is an autosomal dominant Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer disease is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by progressive dementia, loss of cognitive abilities, and deposition of fibrillar amyloid proteins as intraneuronal neurofibrillary tangles, extracellular amyloid plaques and vascular amyloid deposits. The major constituent of these plaques is the neurotoxic amyloid-beta-APP 40-42 peptide (s), derived proteolytically from the transmembrane precursor protein APP by sequential secretase processing. The cytotoxic C-terminal fragments (CTFs) and the caspase-cleaved products such as C31 derived from APP, are also implicated in neuronal death.
Defects in PSEN2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1V (CMD1V) [MIM:613697]. It is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A22A family.
- DomainThe PAL motif is required for normal active site conformation.
modificationsHeterogeneous proteolytic processing generates N-terminal and C-terminal fragments.
Phosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane.
- AD 3L antibodyAD 3LP antibodyAD 4 antibody
- AD 5 antibodyAD3L antibodyAD3LP antibodyAD4 antibodyAD5 antibodyAlzheimer disease 4 antibodyAlzheimer disease familial type 4 antibodyAlzheimer's disease 3 like antibodyCMD1V antibodyE5 1 antibodyE5-1 antibodyEC 3.4.23. antibodyOTTHUMP00000035671 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035672 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228286 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228288 antibodyPresenilin 2 (Alzheimer disease 4) antibodyPresenilin 2 antibodyPresenilin-2 CTF subunit antibodyPresenilin2 antibodyPS 2 antibodyPS-2 antibodyPS2 antibodyPSEN 2 antibodyPsen2 antibodyPSN2_HUMAN antibodyPSNL 2 antibodyPSNL2 antibodySTM 2 antibodySTM-2 antibodySTM2 antibody
Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody - N-terminal images
Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody - N-terminal (ab60121) at 1/50 dilution + Mouse kidney tissue lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa
References for Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody - N-terminal (ab60121)
ab60121 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.