Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody (ab106351)
- Product nameAnti-Presenilin 2 antibodySee all Presenilin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Presenilin 2
- Specificityab106351 does not cross react with other proteins.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Pig
Synthetic peptide: YDPEMEEDSYDSFGEP, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 319-334 of Human Presenilin 2
- Positive controlRat brain tissue lysate; MCF7, HeLa, SMMC, CEM whole cell lysates; Rat brain tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide, 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 5mg BSA, 0.9mg Sodium chloride, 0.2mg Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106351 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionProbable catalytic subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Requires the other members of the gamma-secretase complex to have a protease activity. May play a role in intracellular signaling and gene expression or in linking chromatin to the nuclear membrane. May function in the cytoplasmic partitioning of proteins.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is seen in the placenta, skeletal muscle and heart while isoform 2 is seen in the heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PSEN2 are the cause of Alzheimer disease type 4 (AD4) [MIM:606889]. AD is an autosomal dominant Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer disease is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by progressive dementia, loss of cognitive abilities, and deposition of fibrillar amyloid proteins as intraneuronal neurofibrillary tangles, extracellular amyloid plaques and vascular amyloid deposits. The major constituent of these plaques is the neurotoxic amyloid-beta-APP 40-42 peptide (s), derived proteolytically from the transmembrane precursor protein APP by sequential secretase processing. The cytotoxic C-terminal fragments (CTFs) and the caspase-cleaved products such as C31 derived from APP, are also implicated in neuronal death.
Defects in PSEN2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1V (CMD1V) [MIM:613697]. It is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A22A family.
- DomainThe PAL motif is required for normal active site conformation.
modificationsHeterogeneous proteolytic processing generates N-terminal and C-terminal fragments.
Phosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 282010 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 5664 Human
- Entrez Gene: 19165 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 780410 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 81751 Rat
- Omim: 600759 Human
- SwissProt: Q9XT96 Cow
- SwissProt: P49810 Human
- SwissProt: Q61144 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q0MS45 Pig
- SwissProt: O88777 Rat
- Unigene: 25363 Human
- Unigene: 330850 Mouse
- Unigene: 11045 Rat
- AD3L antibodyAD3LP antibodyAD4 antibody
- AD5 antibodyAlzheimer disease 4 antibodyCMD1V antibodyE5-1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035671 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035672 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228286 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228288 antibodyPresenilin 2 (Alzheimer disease 4) antibodyPresenilin 2 antibodyPresenilin-2 CTF subunit antibodyPS-2 antibodyPS2 antibodyPsen2 antibodyPSN2_HUMAN antibodyPSNL2 antibodySTM-2 antibodySTM2 antibody
Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody (ab106351) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Rat brain tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Rat brain tissue lysate
Lane 3 : MCF7 whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : SMMC whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : CEM whole cell lysate
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
ab106351, at 1µg/ml, staining Presenilin 2 in frozen Rat brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody (ab106351)
ab106351 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.