Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody (ab16245)
- Product nameAnti-Presenilin 2 antibodySee all Presenilin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Presenilin 2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide: YDPENEEDSYDS and GEELEEEEERGV, corresponding to amino acids 319-330 and 349-360 of Human Presenilin 2.
- Positive controlMouse brain extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgY fraction
- Purification notesPEG purified IgY
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16245 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionProbable catalytic subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Requires the other members of the gamma-secretase complex to have a protease activity. May play a role in intracellular signaling and gene expression or in linking chromatin to the nuclear membrane. May function in the cytoplasmic partitioning of proteins.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is seen in the placenta, skeletal muscle and heart while isoform 2 is seen in the heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PSEN2 are the cause of Alzheimer disease type 4 (AD4) [MIM:606889]. AD is an autosomal dominant Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer disease is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by progressive dementia, loss of cognitive abilities, and deposition of fibrillar amyloid proteins as intraneuronal neurofibrillary tangles, extracellular amyloid plaques and vascular amyloid deposits. The major constituent of these plaques is the neurotoxic amyloid-beta-APP 40-42 peptide (s), derived proteolytically from the transmembrane precursor protein APP by sequential secretase processing. The cytotoxic C-terminal fragments (CTFs) and the caspase-cleaved products such as C31 derived from APP, are also implicated in neuronal death.
Defects in PSEN2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1V (CMD1V) [MIM:613697]. It is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A22A family.
- DomainThe PAL motif is required for normal active site conformation.
modificationsHeterogeneous proteolytic processing generates N-terminal and C-terminal fragments.
Phosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane.
- AD 4 antibodyAD3L antibodyAD3LP antibody
- AD4 antibodyAD5 antibodyAlzheimer disease 4 antibodyAlzheimer Disease Familial Type 4 antibodyAlzheimer's disease 3 like antibodyCMD1V antibodyE5 1 antibodyE5-1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035671 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035672 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228286 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228288 antibodyPresenilin 2 (Alzheimer disease 4) antibodyPresenilin 2 antibodyPresenilin-2 CTF subunit antibodyPS 2 antibodyPS-2 antibodyPS2 antibodyPSEN 2 antibodyPSEN2 antibodyPSN2_HUMAN antibodyPSNL2 antibodySTM-2 antibodySTM2 antibody
References for Anti-Presenilin 2 antibody (ab16245)
ab16245 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.