Anti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S327) antibody [EP2613Y] (ab76114)
- Product nameAnti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S327) antibody [EP2613Y]See all Presenilin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP2613Y] to Presenilin 2 (phospho S327)
- Specificityab76114 detects Presenilin 2 phosphorylated on serine 327.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding serine 327 of human Presenilin 2
- Positive control
- Hela cell lysates.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP2613Y
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76114 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
- FunctionProbable catalytic subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Requires the other members of the gamma-secretase complex to have a protease activity. May play a role in intracellular signaling and gene expression or in linking chromatin to the nuclear membrane. May function in the cytoplasmic partitioning of proteins.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is seen in the placenta, skeletal muscle and heart while isoform 2 is seen in the heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PSEN2 are the cause of Alzheimer disease type 4 (AD4) [MIM:606889]. AD is an autosomal dominant Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer disease is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by progressive dementia, loss of cognitive abilities, and deposition of fibrillar amyloid proteins as intraneuronal neurofibrillary tangles, extracellular amyloid plaques and vascular amyloid deposits. The major constituent of these plaques is the neurotoxic amyloid-beta-APP 40-42 peptide (s), derived proteolytically from the transmembrane precursor protein APP by sequential secretase processing. The cytotoxic C-terminal fragments (CTFs) and the caspase-cleaved products such as C31 derived from APP, are also implicated in neuronal death.
Defects in PSEN2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1V (CMD1V) [MIM:613697]. It is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A22A family.
- DomainThe PAL motif is required for normal active site conformation.
modificationsHeterogeneous proteolytic processing generates N-terminal and C-terminal fragments.
Phosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane.
- AD 3L antibody
- AD 3LP antibody
- AD 4 antibody
- AD 5 antibody
- AD3L antibody
- AD3LP antibody
- AD4 antibody
- AD5 antibody
- Alzheimer disease 4 antibody
- Alzheimer disease familial type 4 antibody
- CMD1V antibody
- E5 1 antibody
- E5-1 antibody
- EC 3.4.23. antibody
- OTTHUMP00000035671 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000035672 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000228286 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000228288 antibody
- Presenilin 2 (Alzheimer disease 4) antibody
- Presenilin 2 antibody
- Presenilin-2 CTF subunit antibody
- Presenilin2 antibody
- PS 2 antibody
- PS-2 antibody
- PS2 antibody
- PSEN 2 antibody
- Psen2 antibody
- PSN2_HUMAN antibody
- PSNL 2 antibody
- PSNL2 antibody
- STM 2 antibody
- STM-2 antibody
- STM2 antibody
Anti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S327) antibody [EP2613Y] images
All lanes : Anti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S327) antibody [EP2613Y] (ab76114) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysates un-treated
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysates treated with AP
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 23 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S327) antibody [EP2613Y] (ab76114)
ab76114 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.