Anti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S330) antibody [EP2614] (ab109456)
- Product nameAnti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S330) antibody [EP2614]See all Presenilin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP2614] to Presenilin 2 (phospho S330)
- SpecificityThis antibody only detects Presenilin 2 when phosphorylated on Serine 330.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A phospho-specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Serine 330 in Human Presenilin 2.
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysates.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP2614
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109456 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
- FunctionProbable catalytic subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Requires the other members of the gamma-secretase complex to have a protease activity. May play a role in intracellular signaling and gene expression or in linking chromatin to the nuclear membrane. May function in the cytoplasmic partitioning of proteins.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is seen in the placenta, skeletal muscle and heart while isoform 2 is seen in the heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PSEN2 are the cause of Alzheimer disease type 4 (AD4) [MIM:606889]. AD is an autosomal dominant Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer disease is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by progressive dementia, loss of cognitive abilities, and deposition of fibrillar amyloid proteins as intraneuronal neurofibrillary tangles, extracellular amyloid plaques and vascular amyloid deposits. The major constituent of these plaques is the neurotoxic amyloid-beta-APP 40-42 peptide (s), derived proteolytically from the transmembrane precursor protein APP by sequential secretase processing. The cytotoxic C-terminal fragments (CTFs) and the caspase-cleaved products such as C31 derived from APP, are also implicated in neuronal death.
Defects in PSEN2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1V (CMD1V) [MIM:613697]. It is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A22A family.
- DomainThe PAL motif is required for normal active site conformation.
modificationsHeterogeneous proteolytic processing generates N-terminal and C-terminal fragments.
Phosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane.
- AD3L antibodyAD3LP antibodyAD4 antibody
- AD5 antibodyAlzheimer disease 4 antibodyCMD1V antibodyE5-1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035671 antibodyOTTHUMP00000035672 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228286 antibodyOTTHUMP00000228288 antibodyPresenilin 2 (Alzheimer disease 4) antibodyPresenilin 2 antibodyPresenilin-2 CTF subunit antibodyPS-2 antibodyPS2 antibodyPsen2 antibodyPSN2_HUMAN antibodyPSNL2 antibodySTM-2 antibodySTM2 antibody
Anti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S330) antibody [EP2614] images
All lanes : Anti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S330) antibody [EP2614] (ab109456) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate untreated with with Alkaline Phosphatase
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate treated with Alkaline Phosphatase
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP-labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
References for Anti-Presenilin 2 (phospho S330) antibody [EP2614] (ab109456)
ab109456 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.