Prism Ultra Protein Ladder (10 - 180 kDa) (ab116027)
- Product namePrism Ultra Protein Ladder (10 - 180 kDa)See all Prestained Protein Ladder reagents ...
- Tested applicationsWB, SDS-PAGE more details
- General notes
ab116027 is a three-color protein standard with 10 pre-stained proteins covering a wide range molecular weights for 10 to 180 kDa. Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore except for two reference bands (one green and one red band at 25 kDa and 75 kDa respectively) when separated on SDS-PAGE (Tris-glycine buffer).
ab116027 is designed for monitoring protein separated during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon, or nitrocellulose) and for approximate sizing of proteins. The ladder is supplied in gel loading buffer and is ready to use.
Do not heat, dilute, add reducing agent before loading.
Key product features:
- Broad range: 10-180 kDa
- Ready-to-use: Supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels.
- Easy to identify: Includes green ~25 kDa and red ~75kDa reference bands.
- Sharp bands
- Recommended loading: ~1.5 - 2.5µl
- Storage instructionsPlease see Notes section
- Storage bufferConstituents: 0.44% Tris citrate/phosphate, 2% SDS, 0.02% DTT, 0.02% Urea, 15% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- Research Areas
- Molecular weight marker
- Prism protein ladder
- Protein Ladder
- Protein ladders
- SDS PAGE protein ladder prestained
- WB prestained protein ladder
- Western blot prestained protein ladder
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab116027 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. ~1.5-2.5 µl per well for general Western transfering. Apply more for thicker (>1.5 mm) or larger gel.|
|SDS-PAGE||SDS-PAGE: Use at an assay dependent concentration. 3 µl or 5 µl per loading for clear visualization during electrophoresis on 15-well or 10-well mini-gel, respectively.|
Prism Ultra Protein Ladder (10 - 180 kDa) images
Gel 1: Tris-Glycine (~4-20%) Gel 2: Bis-Tris (12%) MOPS buffer Gel 3: Bis-Tris (10%) MES bufferPre-stained molecular weight standards have a differing mobility and as a consequence varying apparent molecular weight when run in distinct SDS-PAGE buffer systems. The variance in pH of alternative buffers affects the charge of the labelled protein standard and its binding capacity for SDS. The apparent molecular weight of this marker has been determined by calibration against an unstained ladder in each electrophoresis condition.
References for Prism Ultra Protein Ladder (10 - 180 kDa) (ab116027)
ab116027 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.