Anti-Procollagen Type 1 antibody [2Q576] (ab64409)
- Product nameAnti-Procollagen Type 1 antibody [2Q576]
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [2Q576] to Procollagen Type 1
- Specificityab64409 recognizes Human procollagen I. Labels the amino-terminal pro-peptide. Localized intracellularly in cells producing pro-collagen I. Does not stain mature collagen fibers in tissue.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ICC, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig
Human procollagen I.
- Positive controlHuman skin
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2Q576
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64409 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21966390|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/1000. Perform enzymatic antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. We recommend antigen retrieval with 1% trypsin for 20 minutes at room temperature.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/10000 - 1/50000.|
- RelevanceCollagens are highly conserved throughout evolution and are characterised by an uninterrupted "Glycine X Y" triplet repeat that is a necessary part of the triple helical structure. Type I collagen (95 kDa) is found in bone, cornea, skin and tendon. Mutations in the encoding gene are associated with osteogenesis imperfecta, Ehlers Danlos syndrome, and idiopathic osteoporosis. Reciprocal translocations between chromosomes 17 and 22, where this gene and the gene for Platelet-derived growth factor beta are located, are associated with a particular type of skin tumor called dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, resulting from unregulated expression of the growth factor. Procollagen type 1 is mainly synthesized by osteoblasts and, after cleavage of the N- and C-terminal extension peptides, is utilized for collagen fibril deposition in the osteoid tissue.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- Alpha 1 type I collagen antibodyAlpha 2 type I collagen antibodyCOL1A1 antibodyCOL1A2 antibody
Anti-Procollagen Type 1 antibody [2Q576] images
ab64409 staining Procollagen Type 1 in Human skin tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with 10% NBF and blocked with 0.25% serum for 15 minutes at 25°C ; enzymatic antigen retrieval using Proteinase K was performed. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/800 in serum free antibody diluent) for 30 minutes at 25°C. A Biotin-conjugated Rabbit anti-rat IgG polyclonal (1/400) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab64409 staining Procollagen Type 1 in Pig epithelial tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with Triton X100. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 12 hours at 4°C. Ab98387 (A DyLight®550-conjugated Goat anti-rat IgG polyclonal; 1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Procollagen Type 1 antibody [2Q576] (ab64409)
This product has been referenced in:
- Karén J et al. Effects of the histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic Acid on human pericytes in vitro. PLoS One 6:e24954 (2011). Flow Cyt ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21966390) »