For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Purification notesab85261 is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Research areas
- Compatible Secondaries
- Positive Controls
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/50 - 1/100. Detects a band of approximately 72 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).
- FunctionInvolved in the processing of hormone and other protein precursors at sites comprised of pairs of basic amino acid residues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S8 family. Furin subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle. Localized in the secretion granules.
Information by UniProt
- KEX2 like endoprotease 2 antibody
- KEX2-like endoprotease 2 antibody
- NEC 2 antibody
Anti-Proprotein Convertase 2 antibody images
Western blot - Proprotein Convertase 2 antibody (ab85261)
Anti-Proprotein Convertase 2 antibody (ab85261) at 1/50 dilution + K-562 cell line lysates at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
Observed band size : 72 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 28 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Proprotein Convertase 2 antibody (ab85261)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"