Anti-Protein A antibody (HRP) (ab18596)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 0.2% BSA, 0.1M Sodium chloride, 50mM HEPES. pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18596 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 75 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/5000 - 1/20000.|
- RelevanceProtein A is a surface protein of S.aureus which binds IgG molecules by their Fc region. In serum, the bacteria will bind IgG molecules in the wrong orientation on their surface which hinders opsonization and phagocytosis. Mutants of S. aureus lacking protein A are more efficiently phagocytosed in vitro, and mutants in infection models have diminished virulence. Due to its affinity for the Fc region of many mammalian immunoglobulins, protein A is considered a universal reagent in biochemistry and immunology.
- Cellular localizationSecreted; cell wall.
- gG-binding protein A antibody
- Immunoglobulin G binding protein A antibody
- SPA antibody
- Staphylococcal protein A antibody
References for Anti-Protein A antibody (HRP) (ab18596)
ab18596 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.