Pyruvate Assay Kit (ab65342)
- Product namePyruvate Assay Kit
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 1 µM
- Range1 µM - 200 µM
- Assay time0h 40m
- Product overview
Abcam's Pyruvate Assay Kit provides a simple, direct and automation-ready procedure for measuring pyruvate concentration in various biological samples such as blood, cells, culture and fermentation media, etc. In the assay, pyruvate is oxidized by pyruvate oxidase via enzyme reactions to generate color (λ= 570 nm) and fluorescence (at Ex/Em = 535/587 nm). Since the color or fluorescence intensity is proportional to pyruvate content, the pyruvate concentration can be accurately measured. The kit detects 1-200 µM pyruvate.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Pyruvate is a central molecule in metabolism through which sugars enter the citric acid cycle. Pyruvate can be converted to carbohydrates during gluconeogenesis or to fatty acids via acetyl CoA. High levels of pyruvate are associated with liver disease and genetic disorders. Pyruvate has also been used to stimulate metabolism leading to loss of body weight.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Pyruvate Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Pyruvate Enzyme Mix (Lyophilized) Green 1 vial Pyruvate Probe (in DMSO) Red 1 x 200µl Pyruvate Standard (100 nmol/µl) Yellow 1 x 100µl
- Research Areas
- RelevancePyruvate is a key intersection molecule in the netwrok of metabolic pathways. Pyruvate can be made from glucose through glycolysism converted back to carbohydrates via gluconeogenesis, or to fatty acids or energy via acetyl CoA. It can also be used to construct the amino acid alanine and be converted to ethanol. Glucose is converted to pyruvate which is then converted into acetyl CoA, the main input for the citric acid cycle (TCA). If insufficent oxygen is available, pyruvate breaks down anaerobically, creating lactate in animals and ethanol in plants and microorganisms.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65342 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Pyruvate Assay Kit (ab65342)
ab65342 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.