- Product nameQX-222
- DescriptionNa+ channel blocker
- Biological descriptionNa+ channel blocker. Lidocaine derivative.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical nameN-(2,6-Dimethylphenylcarbamoylmethyl) trimethylammonium chloride
- Molecular Weight256.77
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC13H21ClN2O
- CAS Number21236-55-5
- PubChem identifier9795082
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for QX-222 (ab120126)
This product has been referenced in:
- Undrovinas AI & Makielski JC Blockade of lysophosphatidylcholine-modified cardiac Na channels by a lidocaine derivative QX-222. Am J Physiol 271:H790-7 (1996). Read more (PubMed: 8770124) »
- Puil E & Carlen PL Attenuation of glutamate-action, excitatory postsynaptic potentials, and spikes by intracellular QX 222 in hippocampal neurons. Neuroscience 11:389-98 (1984). Read more (PubMed: 6144079) »