Quick Cell Proliferation Assay Kit (ab65473)
- Product nameQuick Cell Proliferation Assay KitSee all Cell proliferation kits ...
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time4h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Quick Cell Proliferation Assay Kit provides all reagents and detailed instructions for a fast and sensitive quantification of cell proliferation and viability. The assay is based on the cleavage of the tetrazolium salt WST-1 to formazan by cellular mitochondrial dehydrogenases. Expansion in the number of viable cells resulted in an increase in the activity of the mitochondrial dehydrogenases, which leads to the increase in the amount of formazan dye formed. The formazan dye produced by viable cells can be quantified by multi-well spectrophotometer (microtiter plate reader) by measuring the absorbance of the dye solution at 440 nm. The assay can be used for the measurement of cell proliferation in response to growth factors, cytokines, mitogens, and nutrients, etc. It can also be used for the analysis of cytotoxic compounds like anticancer drugs and many other toxic agents and pharmaceutical compounds. The new method is so simple, requiring no washing, no harvesting, and no solubilization steps, and is faster and more sensitive than MTT, XTT, or MTS-based assays. The entire assay can be performed in a microtiter plate.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests 2500 tests Electro Coupling Solution (ECS) 1 x 5ml 1 x 25ml WST-1 Reagent (lyophilized) 1 vial 1 vial
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCell proliferation is the multiplication or reproduction of cells, as a result of cell growth and cell division, resulting in the expansion of a cell population.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65473 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Quick Cell Proliferation Assay Kit (ab65473)
This product has been referenced in:
- Guo S et al. Lipopolysaccharide Causes an Increase in Intestinal Tight Junction Permeability in Vitro and in Vivo by Inducing Enterocyte Membrane Expression and Localization of TLR-4 and CD14. Am J Pathol 182:375-87 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23201091) »
- Shanks K et al. Neuroimmune semaphorin 4D is necessary for optimal lung allergic inflammation. Mol Immunol 56:480-7 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23911404) »