Anti-R Phycoerythrin antibody (ab34721)
- Product nameAnti-R Phycoerythrin antibodySee all R Phycoerythrin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to R Phycoerythrin
- SpecificityThis antibody cross reacts with B Phycoerythrin.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, IP, Immunodiffusion, Conjugation more details
Highly purified R Phycoerythrin from the seaweed Gracilaria.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography using a R Phycoerythrin coupled to agarose beads followed by solid phase adsorption(s) to remove any unwanted reactivities.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34721 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA: 1/20,000 - 1/100,000.
ID: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/2,000 - 1/10,000. Predicted molecular weight: 240 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevancePhycoerythrin is one of a series of fluorescent pigments known as phycobiliproteins, which are produced by red and blue green algae. It occurs in more than one form, and has found application in immunology and diagnostic medicine. B and R Phycoerythrins provide superior labeling compared to fluorescein and rhodamine, and are used for labeling antibodies, usually monoclonals. These dyes may also be coupled to enzymes and other proteins, nucleic acids, polypeptide hormones, drugs, etc. Since phycoerythrins absorb light maximally between 450 and 650nm they fill the need for an intense fluorescent dye in the longer wavelengths of the visible spectrum, thereby avoiding interference from naturally fluorescing biological substances. R Phycoerythrin (240 kDa) is a labile molecule that may dissociate into components upon exposure to reducing or denaturing agents.
- Cellular localizationPlastid; chloroplast; chloroplast thylakoid lumen. Periphery of the rods of the phycobilisome.
- cpe A antibody
- cpe B antibody
- cpeA antibody
- cpeB antibody
- R phycoerythrin alpha subunit antibody
- R phycoerythrin beta subunit antibody
- rpcB antibody
- rpeA antibody
- rpeB antibody
References for Anti-R Phycoerythrin antibody (ab34721)
ab34721 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.