Anti-Rab5 antibody - Early Endosome Marker (ab13253)
- Product nameAnti-Rab5 antibody - Early Endosome MarkerSee all Rab5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Rab5 - Early Endosome Marker
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cow, Human, Monkey
Predicted to work with: Dog
Synthetic peptide: PKNEPQNPGANSARGR conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 182-197 of Human Rab5 (Rab5A)
- Positive controlMouse or Rat Brain Tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1X PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13253 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/100 (use Bouin's fixative to fix tissue).
WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25.8 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionRequired for the fusion of plasma membranes and early endosomes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rab family.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Early endosome membrane. Melanosome. Enriched in stage I melanosomes.
- Entrez Gene: 539764 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 404008 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 5868 Human
- Entrez Gene: 271457 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64633 Rat
- Omim: 179512 Human
- SwissProt: Q0IIG7 Cow
- SwissProt: P18066 Dog
- SwissProt: P20339 Human
- SwissProt: Q9CQD1 Mouse
- Unigene: 475663 Human
- Unigene: 329123 Mouse
- Unigene: 44477 Rat
- RAB 5 antibodyRAB 5A antibodyRAB5A antibody
- RAB5A member RAS oncogene family antibodyRAB5A_HUMAN antibodyRAS associated protein RAB5A antibodyRas related protein Rab 5A antibodyRas-related protein Rab-5A antibody
Anti-Rab5 antibody - Early Endosome Marker images
Confocal microscopy of fixed primary cultures of rat hippocampal neurons (embryonic day 18) showing immunocytochemical labelling of polyclonal rabbit anti-Rab5 (Abcam ab13253, 1/200; Alexa Fluor 488; 1/200; green) and monoclonal mouse anti-tubulin-II (Alexa Fluor 568 1/200; red). Magnification 63x; insert 180x.
ab13253 Rabbit polyclonal to Rab5 was used in in fixed HEK cells that had been transfected with Rab5-GFP Fluorescence microscopy of fixed Rab5-transfected HEK cells showing (left to right) immunocytochemical labelling of rabbit polyclonal Rab5 (ab13253, 1/500; Cy3; red), and Rab5-GFP (green) with their overlay (far right). Scale bar = 7µm. Showing good co-localisation.
ab13253 at 1/100 dilution staining Rab5 in mouse back skin tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Bouin's fixative fixed paraffin-embedded tissue section). Antigen retrieval was done by microwave in citrate buffer. A Fluorophore-conjugated goat anti-rabbit secondary was used at 1/50 dilution.
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells, staining Rab5 (green) with ab13253.
Cells were incubated for 30 min with 0.5 µM biotinylated transportan and fixed with PLP fixative. Cells were permeabilized and blocked with 0.01% saponin and 0.1% BSA for 8 minutes, before incubating with primary antibody. An AlexFluor®488-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Rab5 antibody - Early Endosome Marker (ab13253)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wegiel J et al. Abnormal Intracellular Accumulation and Extracellular Aß Deposition in Idiopathic and Dup15q11.2-q13 Autism Spectrum Disorders. PLoS One 7:e35414 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22567102) »
- Wegiel J et al. Abnormal Intracellular Accumulation and Extracellular Aß Deposition in Idiopathic and Dup15q11.2-q13 Autism Spectrum Disorders. PLoS One 7:e35414 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22567102) »