Anti-RENT1/hUPF1 antibody [EPR4681] (ab109363)
- Product nameAnti-RENT1/hUPF1 antibody [EPR4681]See all RENT1/hUPF1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4681] to RENT1/hUPF1
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Does not react withRat
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to residues in human RENT1/hUPF1.
- Positive controlHuT-78, Raji, SH-SY5Y and HeLa cell lysates, Human kidney tissue, Human transitional cell carcinoma tissue, HeLa cells.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR4681
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109363 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 124 kDa.|
|IP||IP: 1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/10 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- FunctionPlays a role in replication-dependent histone mRNA degradation at the end of phase S. Part of a post-splicing multiprotein complex. Involved in nonsense-mediated decay (NMD) as part of the SMG1C complex, a mRNA surveillance complex that recognizes and degrades mRNAs containing premature translation termination codons (PTCs). The complex probably acts by associating with ribosomes during tranlation termination on mRNPs. If an exon junction complex (EJC) is located 50-55 or more nucleotides downstream from the termination codon, RENT1 is phosphorylated by SMG1, triggering nonsense-mediated decay (NMD). Essential for embryonic viability.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DNA2/NAM7 helicase family.
Contains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
- DomainThe [ST]-Q motif constitutes a recognition sequence for kinases from the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
modificationsPhosphorylated by SMG1; required for formation of mRNA surveillance complexes. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > P-body. Hyperphosphorylated form is targeted to the P-body, while unphosphorylated protein is distributed throughout the cytoplasm.
- ATP dependent helicase RENT1 antibodyATP-dependent helicase RENT1 antibodyDelta helicase antibody
- FLJ43809 antibodyFLJ46894 antibodyHUPF 1 antibodyhUpf1 antibodyKIAA0221 antibodyNonsense mRNA reducing factor 1 antibodyNORF 1 antibodyNORF1 antibodypNORF 1 antibodypNORF1 antibodyRegulator of nonsense transcripts 1 antibodyRENT 1 antibodyRENT1 antibodyRENT1_HUMAN antibodySmg 2 antibodySmg 2 homolog nonsense mediated mRNA decay factor antibodyUP Frameshift 1 antibodyUp frameshift mutation 1 homolog (S. cerevisiae) antibodyUp frameshift mutation 1 homolog antibodyUp frameshift suppressor 1 homolog antibodyUp-frameshift suppressor 1 homolog antibodyUPF 1 antibodyUPF 1 regulator of nonsense transcripts homolog antibodyupf1 antibodyUPF1 regulator of nonsense transcripts homolog antibodyYeast Upf1p homolog antibody
Anti-RENT1/hUPF1 antibody [EPR4681] images
All lanes : Anti-RENT1/hUPF1 antibody [EPR4681] (ab109363) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HuT-78 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 3 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 124 kDa
ab109363, at 1/100, staining RENT1/hUPF1 in Human kidney tissue by immunohistochemistry.
ab109363, at 1/100, staining RENT1/hUPF1 in Human transitional cell carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry.
ab109363, at 1/100, staining RENT1/hUPF1 in HeLa cells by immunofluorescence.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab109363 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab109363, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-RENT1/hUPF1 antibody [EPR4681] (ab109363)
ab109363 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.