Anti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S5) antibody (ab52208)
- Product nameAnti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S5) antibodySee all RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S5)
- Specificityab52208 detects endogenous levels of RNA polymerase II only when phosphorylated at serine 1619.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS around the phosphorylation site of serine 5 (P-T-SP-P-S).
- Positive controlHuman breast carcinoma tissue; extracts from COS7 cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52208 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 217 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 217 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionDNA-dependent RNA polymerase catalyzes the transcription of DNA into RNA using the four ribonucleoside triphosphates as substrates. Largest and catalytic component of RNA polymerase II which synthesizes mRNA precursors and many functional non-coding RNAs. Forms the polymerase active center together with the second largest subunit. Pol II is the central component of the basal RNA polymerase II transcription machinery. It is composed of mobile elements that move relative to each other. RPB1 is part of the core element with the central large cleft, the clamp element that moves to open and close the cleft and the jaws that are thought to grab the incoming DNA template. At the start of transcription, a single stranded DNA template strand of the promoter is positioned within the central active site cleft of Pol II. A bridging helix emanates from RPB1 and crosses the cleft near the catalytic site and is thought to promote translocation of Pol II by acting as a ratchet that moves the RNA-DNA hybrid through the active site by switching from straight to bent conformations at each step of nucleotide addition. During transcription elongation, Pol II moves on the template as the transcript elongates. Elongation is influenced by the phosphorylation status of the C-terminal domain (CTD) of Pol II largest subunit (RPB1), which serves as a platform for assembly of factors that regulate transcription initiation, elongation, termination and mRNA processing. Acts as a RNA-dependent RNA polymerase when associated with small delta antigen of Hepatitis delta virus, acting both as a replicate and transcriptase for the viral RNA circular genome.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RNA polymerase beta' chain family.
modificationsThe tandem 7 residues repeats in the C-terminal domain (CTD) can be highly phosphorylated. The phosphorylation activates Pol II. Phosphorylation occurs mainly at residues 'Ser-2' and 'Ser-5' of the heptapeptide repeat and is mediated, at least, by CDK7 and CDK9. CDK7 phosphorylation of POLR2A associated with DNA promotes transcription initiation by triggering dissociation from DNA. Phosphorylation also takes place at 'Ser-7' of the heptapepdtide repeat, which is required for efficient transcription of snRNA genes and processing of the transcripts. The phosphorylation state is believed to result from the balanced action of site-specific CTD kinases and phosphatases, and a 'CTD code' that specifies the position of Pol II within the transcription cycle has been proposed.
Dephosphorylated by the protein phosphatase CTDSP1.
Ubiquitinated by WWP2 leading to proteasomal degradation (By similarity). Following UV treatment, the elongating form of RNA polymerase II (RNA pol IIo) is ubiquitinated UV damage sites without leading to degradation: ubiquitination is facilitated by KIAA1530/UVSSA and promotes RNA pol IIo backtracking to allow access to the nucleotide excision repair machinery.
Methylated at Arg-1810 by CARM1. Methylation occurs only when the CTD is hypophosphorylated, and phosphorylation at Ser-1805 and Ser-1808 prevent methylation (in vitro). It is assumed that methylation occurs prior to phosphorylation and transcription initiation. CTD methylation may facilitate the expression of select RNAs.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- B220 antibodyDNA directed RNA polymerase II A antibodyDNA-directed RNA polymerase II largest subunit antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase II largest subunit RNA polymerase II 220 kd subunit antibodyDNA-directed RNA polymerase II subunit A antibodyDNA-directed RNA polymerase II subunit RPB1 antibodyDNA-directed RNA polymerase III largest subunit antibodyhRPB220 antibodyhsRPB1 antibodyMGC75453 antibodyPOLR2 antibodyPOLR2A antibodyPOLRA antibodyPolymerase (RNA) II (DNA directed) polypeptide A 220kDa antibodyPolymerase (RNA) II (DNA directed) polypeptide A antibodyRNA polymerase II subunit B1 antibodyRNA-directed RNA polymerase II subunit RPB1 antibodyRPB1 antibodyRPB1_HUMAN antibodyRPB220 antibodyRPBh1 antibodyRpIILS antibodyRPO2 antibodyRPOL2 antibody
Anti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S5) antibody images
This image shows human breast carcinoma tissue stained with ab52208 at a dilution of 1/50 - 1/100. Right hand image: tissue treated with immunising peptide; left hand image: untreated.
All lanes : Anti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S5) antibody (ab52208) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from COS7 cells treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30min) with no immunising peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from COS7 cells treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30min) with immunising peptide
Predicted band size : 217 kDa
Observed band size : 217 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab52208 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab52208, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S5) antibody (ab52208)
ab52208 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.