Anti-RUNX2 antibody [1D8] (ab115899)
- Product nameAnti-RUNX2 antibody [1D8]See all RUNX2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1D8] to RUNX2
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to a region within amino acids 251-351 of Human RUNX2 (NP_004339) with a 26 kDa proprietary tag.
- Positive control
- IHC-P: Human prostate and uterus tissues WB: SJCRH30 and K562 cell lysates ICC/IF: HeLa cell
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 99% PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1D8
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab115899 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionTranscription factor involved in osteoblastic differentiation and skeletal morphogenesis. Essential for the maturation of osteoblasts and both intramembranous and endochondral ossification. CBF binds to the core site, 5'-PYGPYGGT-3', of a number of enhancers and promoters, including murine leukemia virus, polyomavirus enhancer, T-cell receptor enhancers, osteocalcin, osteopontin, bone sialoprotein, alpha 1(I) collagen, LCK, IL-3 and GM-CSF promoters (By similarity). Inhibits MYST4-dependent transcriptional activation.
- Tissue specificitySpecifically expressed in osteoblasts.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in RUNX2 are the cause of cleidocranial dysplasia (CLCD) [MIM:119600]; also known as cleidocranial dysostosis (CCD). CLCD is an autosomal dominant skeletal disorder with high penetrance and variable expressivity. It is due to defective endochondral and intramembranous bone formation. Typical features include hypoplasia/aplasia of clavicles, patent fontanelles, wormian bones (additional cranial plates caused by abnormal ossification of the calvaria), supernumerary teeth, short stature, and other skeletal changes. In some cases defects in RUNX2 are exclusively associated with dental anomalies.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Runt domain.
- DomainA proline/serine/threonine rich region at the C-terminus is necessary for transcriptional activation of target genes and contains the phosphorylation sites.
modificationsPhosphorylated; probably by MAP kinases (MAPK) (By similarity). Isoform 3 is phosphorylated on Ser-340.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Acute myeloid leukemia 3 protein antibody
- Alpha subunit 1 antibody
- AML3 antibody
- CBF alpha 1 antibody
- CBF-alpha-1 antibody
- CBFA1 antibody
- CCD antibody
- CCD1 antibody
- Cleidocranial dysplasia 1 antibody
- Core binding factor antibody
- Core binding factor runt domain alpha subunit 1 antibody
- Core binding factor subunit alpha 1 antibody
- Core-binding factor subunit alpha-1 antibody
- MGC120022 antibody
- MGC120023 antibody
- Oncogene AML 3 antibody
- Oncogene AML-3 antibody
- OSF 2 antibody
- OSF-2 antibody
- OSF2 antibody
- Osteoblast specific transcription factor 2 antibody
- Osteoblast-specific transcription factor 2 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000016533 antibody
- PEA2 alpha A antibody
- PEA2-alpha A antibody
- PEA2aA antibody
- PEBP2 alpha A antibody
- PEBP2-alpha A antibody
- PEBP2A1 antibody
- PEBP2A2 antibody
- PEBP2aA antibody
- PEBP2aA1 antibody
- Polyomavirus enhancer binding protein 2 alpha A subunit antibody
- Polyomavirus enhancer-binding protein 2 alpha A subunit antibody
- Runt domain antibody
- Runt related transcription factor 2 antibody
- Runt-related transcription factor 2 antibody
- RUNX2 antibody
- RUNX2_HUMAN antibody
- SL3 3 enhancer factor 1 alpha A subunit antibody
- SL3-3 enhancer factor 1 alpha A subunit antibody
- SL3/AKV core binding factor alpha A subunit antibody
- SL3/AKV core-binding factor alpha A subunit antibody
Anti-RUNX2 antibody [1D8] images
ab115899, at 5 µg/ml, staining RUNX2 in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human prostate by Immunohistochemistry.
ab115899, at 5 µg/ml, staining RUNX2 in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human uterus by Immunohistochemistry
Anti-RUNX2 antibody [1D8] (ab115899) + SJCRH30 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 57 kDa
Anti-RUNX2 antibody [1D8] (ab115899) + K562 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 57 kDa
ab115899, at 10 µg/ml, staining RUNX2 in Hela cells by Immunofluorescence.
Detection limit for recombinant, tagged RUNX2 is approximately 0.03 ng/ml as a capture antibody.
References for Anti-RUNX2 antibody [1D8] (ab115899)
ab115899 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.