Anti-RUNX2 antibody (ab23981)
- Product nameAnti-RUNX2 antibodySee all RUNX2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RUNX2
- Specificityab23981 detects a band at 57 kDa corresponding to the size of the RUNX2 protein. It also detects additional bands at 37 kDa and 85 kDa, the identity of which is unknown.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, Gel supershift assays more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 300 - 400 of Human RUNX2.
(Peptide available as ab26346.)
- Positive controlIn Western Blot, ab23981 gave a positive signal in Saos2 and U20S whole cell lysates. In IF, the antibody gave a positive signal in U20S cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23981 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19092814|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa).Can be blocked with RUNX2 peptide (ab26346).|
|Gel supershift assays||GSA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionTranscription factor involved in osteoblastic differentiation and skeletal morphogenesis. Essential for the maturation of osteoblasts and both intramembranous and endochondral ossification. CBF binds to the core site, 5'-PYGPYGGT-3', of a number of enhancers and promoters, including murine leukemia virus, polyomavirus enhancer, T-cell receptor enhancers, osteocalcin, osteopontin, bone sialoprotein, alpha 1(I) collagen, LCK, IL-3 and GM-CSF promoters (By similarity). Inhibits MYST4-dependent transcriptional activation.
- Tissue specificitySpecifically expressed in osteoblasts.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in RUNX2 are the cause of cleidocranial dysplasia (CLCD) [MIM:119600]; also known as cleidocranial dysostosis (CCD). CLCD is an autosomal dominant skeletal disorder with high penetrance and variable expressivity. It is due to defective endochondral and intramembranous bone formation. Typical features include hypoplasia/aplasia of clavicles, patent fontanelles, wormian bones (additional cranial plates caused by abnormal ossification of the calvaria), supernumerary teeth, short stature, and other skeletal changes. In some cases defects in RUNX2 are exclusively associated with dental anomalies.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Runt domain.
- DomainA proline/serine/threonine rich region at the C-terminus is necessary for transcriptional activation of target genes and contains the phosphorylation sites.
modificationsPhosphorylated; probably by MAP kinases (MAPK) (By similarity). Isoform 3 is phosphorylated on Ser-340.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Acute myeloid leukemia 3 protein antibodyalpha subunit 1 antibodyAML3 antibody
- CBF alpha 1 antibodyCBF-alpha-1 antibodyCBFA1 antibodyCCD antibodyCCD1 antibodycleidocranial dysplasia 1 antibodyCore binding factor antibodyCore binding factor runt domain alpha subunit 1 antibodyCore binding factor subunit alpha 1 antibodycore-binding factor antibodyCore-binding factor subunit alpha-1 antibodyMGC120022 antibodyMGC120023 antibodyOncogene AML 3 antibodyOncogene AML-3 antibodyOSF 2 antibodyOSF-2 antibodyOSF2 antibodyOsteoblast specific transcription factor 2 antibodyOsteoblast-specific transcription factor 2 antibodyOTTHUMP00000016533 antibodyPEA2 alpha A antibodyPEA2-alpha A antibodyPEA2aA antibodyPEBP2 alpha A antibodyPEBP2-alpha A antibodyPEBP2A1 antibodyPEBP2A2 antibodyPEBP2aA antibodyPEBP2aA antibodyPEBP2aA1 antibodyPolyomavirus enhancer binding protein 2 alpha A subunit antibodyPolyomavirus enhancer-binding protein 2 alpha A subunit antibodyrunt domain antibodyRunt related transcription factor 2 antibodyrunt-related transcription factor 2 antibodyRUNX2 antibodyRUNX2_HUMAN antibodySL3 3 enhancer factor 1 alpha A subunit antibodySL3-3 enhancer factor 1 alpha A subunit antibodySL3/AKV core binding factor alpha A subunit antibodySL3/AKV core-binding factor alpha A subunit antibody
Anti-RUNX2 antibody images
ab23981 at a 1/1000 dilution staining RUNX2 in human U2-OS cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde and permeabilized using 0.1% Triton X-100. Samples were blocked using 2% serum. The secondary used was an Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated chicken anti-mouse at a 1/1000 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-RUNX2 antibody (ab23981) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Saos 2 (Human epithelial-like osteosarcoma cell line) Nuclear Extract
Lane 2 : U2OS (Human osteosarcoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 57 kDa
Observed band size : 56,60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 12 minutes
References for Anti-RUNX2 antibody (ab23981)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tang N et al. Up-regulated osteogenic transcription factors during early response of human periodontal ligament stem cells to cyclic tensile strain. Arch Med Sci 8:422-30 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22851995) »
- Martínez C et al. Sonic hedgehog stimulates proliferation of human periodontal ligament stem cells. J Dent Res 90:483-8 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21441223) »