Anti-Rad51C antibody (ab3669)
- Product nameAnti-Rad51C antibodySee all Rad51C primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Rad51C
- SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise all three human isoforms.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: RGKTFRFEMQRDL, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 2-14 of Human Rad51C.
- Positive controlHeLa lysate.
- General notesPrincipal Names – RAD51C; RAD51L2; RAD51 homolog C (S. cerevisiae); yeast RAD51 homolog 3; DNA repair protein RAD51 homolog 3 Official Gene Symbol - RAD51C GenBank Accession Number – NP_002867; NP_478123; NP_478124 LocusLink ID - 5889 (human) Gene Ontology terms - adenosinetriphosphatase activity; DNA binding activity; DNA repair; DNA recombination; nucleus.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 5mg/ml Tris, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3669 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
- FunctionEssential for the homologous recombination (HR) pathway of DNA repair. Involved in the homologous recombination repair (HRR) pathway of double-stranded DNA breaks arising during DNA replication or induced by DNA-damaging agents. The RAD51B-RAD51C dimer exhibits single-stranded DNA-dependent ATPase activity. The BCDX2 complex binds single-stranded DNA, single-stranded gaps in duplex DNA and specifically to nicks in duplex DNA. Participates in branch migration and Holliday junction resolution and thus is important for processing HR intermediates late in the DNA repair process. Also has an early function in DNA repair in facilitating phosphorylation of the checkpoint kinase CHK2 and thereby transduction of the damage signal, leading to cell cycle arrest and HR activation. Protects RAD51 from ubiquitin-mediated degradation that is enhanced following DNA damage. Plays a role in regulating mitochondrial DNA copy number under conditions of oxidative stress in the presence of RAD51 and XRCC3. Contributes to DNA cross-link resistance, sister chromatid cohesion and genomic stability. Involved in maintaining centrosome number in mitosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tissues, with highest expression in testis, heart muscle, spleen and prostate.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in RAD51C are the cause of Fanconi anemia complementation group O (FANCO) [MIM:613390]. It is a disorder affecting all bone marrow elements and resulting in anemia, leukopenia and thrombopenia. It is associated with cardiac, renal and limb malformations, dermal pigmentary changes, and a predisposition to the development of malignancies. At the cellular level it is associated with hypersensitivity to DNA-damaging agents, chromosomal instability (increased chromosome breakage) and defective DNA repair.
Defects in RAD51C are the cause of breast-ovarian cancer familial type 3 (BROVCA3) [MIM:613399]. It is a condition associated with familial predisposition to cancer of the breast and ovaries. Characteristic features in affected families are an early age of onset of breast cancer (often before age 50), increased chance of bilateral cancers (cancer that develop in both breasts, or both ovaries, independently), frequent occurrence of breast cancer among men, increased incidence of tumors of other specific organs, such as the prostate.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RecA family. RAD51 subfamily.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Mitochondrion. DNA damage induces an increase in nuclear levels. Accumulates in DNA damage induced nuclear foci or RAD51C foci which is formed during the S or G2 phase of cell cycle. Accumulation at DNA lesions requires the presence of NBN/NBS1, ATM and RPA.
- DNA repair protein RAD51 homolog 3 antibodyMGC104277 antibodyR51H3 antibody
- RA51C_HUMAN antibodyRad 51C antibodyRAD51 homolog C (S. cerevisiae) antibodyRad51 homolog c (S. cerevisiae), isoform CRA_b antibodyRAD51 homolog C antibodyRAD51 like protein 2 antibodyRAD51, S. cerevisiae, homolog of, C antibodyRAD51-like protein 2 antibodyRAD51C antibodyRAD51C protein antibodyRAD51L2 antibodyRAD51L2/RAD51C protein antibodyRGD1563765 antibodyYeast RAD51 homolog 3 antibody
Anti-Rad51C antibody images
Predicted band size : 43 kDa
ab3669 staining (2µg/ml) of HeLa lysate (RIPA buffer, 30µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 12 hours. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
References for Anti-Rad51C antibody (ab3669)
This product has been referenced in:
- Makkonen H et al. Long-range activation of FKBP51 transcription by the androgen receptor via distal intronic enhancers. Nucleic Acids Res 37:4135-48 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19433513) »