Anti-Rad51C antibody (ab95069)
- Product nameAnti-Rad51C antibodySee all Rad51C primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Rad51C
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to a region between amino acids 326-376 of Human Rad51C (NP_478123.1)
- Positive control
- Whole cell lysate from HeLa and 293T cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tris citrate/phosphate, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95069 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
- FunctionEssential for the homologous recombination (HR) pathway of DNA repair. Involved in the homologous recombination repair (HRR) pathway of double-stranded DNA breaks arising during DNA replication or induced by DNA-damaging agents. The RAD51B-RAD51C dimer exhibits single-stranded DNA-dependent ATPase activity. The BCDX2 complex binds single-stranded DNA, single-stranded gaps in duplex DNA and specifically to nicks in duplex DNA. Participates in branch migration and Holliday junction resolution and thus is important for processing HR intermediates late in the DNA repair process. Also has an early function in DNA repair in facilitating phosphorylation of the checkpoint kinase CHK2 and thereby transduction of the damage signal, leading to cell cycle arrest and HR activation. Protects RAD51 from ubiquitin-mediated degradation that is enhanced following DNA damage. Plays a role in regulating mitochondrial DNA copy number under conditions of oxidative stress in the presence of RAD51 and XRCC3. Contributes to DNA cross-link resistance, sister chromatid cohesion and genomic stability. Involved in maintaining centrosome number in mitosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tissues, with highest expression in testis, heart muscle, spleen and prostate.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in RAD51C are the cause of Fanconi anemia complementation group O (FANCO) [MIM:613390]. It is a disorder affecting all bone marrow elements and resulting in anemia, leukopenia and thrombopenia. It is associated with cardiac, renal and limb malformations, dermal pigmentary changes, and a predisposition to the development of malignancies. At the cellular level it is associated with hypersensitivity to DNA-damaging agents, chromosomal instability (increased chromosome breakage) and defective DNA repair.
Defects in RAD51C are the cause of breast-ovarian cancer familial type 3 (BROVCA3) [MIM:613399]. It is a condition associated with familial predisposition to cancer of the breast and ovaries. Characteristic features in affected families are an early age of onset of breast cancer (often before age 50), increased chance of bilateral cancers (cancer that develop in both breasts, or both ovaries, independently), frequent occurrence of breast cancer among men, increased incidence of tumors of other specific organs, such as the prostate.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RecA family. RAD51 subfamily.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Mitochondrion. DNA damage induces an increase in nuclear levels. Accumulates in DNA damage induced nuclear foci or RAD51C foci which is formed during the S or G2 phase of cell cycle. Accumulation at DNA lesions requires the presence of NBN/NBS1, ATM and RPA.
- DNA repair protein RAD51 homolog 3 antibody
- MGC104277 antibody
- R51H3 antibody
- RA51C_HUMAN antibody
- Rad 51C antibody
- RAD51 homolog C (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- Rad51 homolog c (S. cerevisiae), isoform CRA_b antibody
- RAD51 homolog C antibody
- RAD51 like protein 2 antibody
- RAD51, S. cerevisiae, homolog of, C antibody
- RAD51-like protein 2 antibody
- RAD51C antibody
- RAD51C protein antibody
- RAD51L2 antibody
- RAD51L2/RAD51C protein antibody
- RGD1563765 antibody
- Yeast RAD51 homolog 3 antibody
Anti-Rad51C antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Rad51C antibody (ab95069) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Exposure time : 3 minutes
References for Anti-Rad51C antibody (ab95069)
ab95069 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.