Anti-Raf1 antibody [Y198] (ab32025)
- Product nameAnti-Raf1 antibody [Y198]See all Raf1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y198] to Raf1
- Tested applicationsIP, IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive)
- Positive controlNIH 3T3 cell lysate and human colon carcinoma
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberY198
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32025 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.
WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 74 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInvolved in the transduction of mitogenic signals from the cell membrane to the nucleus. Part of the Ras-dependent signaling pathway from receptors to the nucleus. Protects cells from apoptosis mediated by STK3.
- Tissue specificityIn skeletal muscle, isoform 1 is more abundant than isoform 2.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in RAF1 are the cause of Noonan syndrome type 5 (NS5) [MIM:611553]. Noonan syndrome (NS) is a disorder characterized by dysmorphic facial features, short stature, hypertelorism, cardiac anomalies, deafness, motor delay, and a bleeding diathesis. It is a genetically heterogeneous and relatively common syndrome, with an estimated incidence of 1 in 1000-2500 live births.
Defects in RAF1 are the cause of LEOPARD syndrome type 2 (LEOPARD2) [MIM:611554]. LEOPARD syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder allelic with Noonan syndrome. The acronym LEOPARD stands for lentigines, electrocardiographic conduction abnormalities, ocular hypertelorism, pulmonic stenosis, abnormalities of genitalia, retardation of growth, and deafness.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAF subfamily.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 RBD (Ras-binding) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Phosphorylation at Thr-269 increases its kinase activity. Phosphorylation at Ser-259 induces the interaction with YWHAZ and inactivates kinase activity. Dephosphorylation of Ser-259 by the complex containing protein phosphatase 1, SHOC2 and M-Ras/MRAS relieves inactivation, leading to stimulate RAF1 activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Colocalizes with RGS14 and BRAF in both the cytoplasm and membranes.
- c Raf antibodyC-raf antibodyCraf 1 transforming gene antibody
- Craf 1 transforming gene antibodycRaf antibodycRaf antibodyCraf1 transforming gene antibodyEC 188.8.131.52 antibodyMurine sarcoma 3611 oncogene 1 antibodyMurine sarcoma 3611 oncogene 1 antibodyNS5 antibodyOncogene MIL antibodyOncogene RAF1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000160218 antibodyOTTHUMP00000207813 antibodyOTTHUMP00000209389 antibodyProto-oncogene c-RAF antibodyRaf 1 antibodyRAF antibodyRaf proto oncogene serine/threonine protein kinase antibodyRAF proto-oncogene serine/threonine-protein kinase antibodyRAF-1 antibodyRAF1 antibodyRAF1_HUMAN antibodyTRANSFORMING REPLICATION-DEFECTIVE MURINE RETROVIRUS 3611-MSV antibodyv raf 1 murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 1 antibodyv-raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog 1 antibodyvraf1 murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 1 antibody
Anti-Raf1 antibody [Y198] images
Anti-Raf1 antibody [Y198] (ab32025) at 1/500 dilution + NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
Observed band size : 74 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab32025, at a 1/100 dilution, staining human Raf1 in colon carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue
References for Anti-Raf1 antibody [Y198] (ab32025)
This product has been referenced in:
- Miller JP et al. A genome-scale RNA-interference screen identifies RRAS signaling as a pathologic feature of Huntington's disease. PLoS Genet 8:e1003042 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23209424) »
- Hsu SP & Lee WS Progesterone receptor activation of extranuclear signaling pathways in regulating p53 expression in vascular endothelial cells. Mol Endocrinol 25:421-32 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21239614) »