Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] (ab52939)
- Product nameAnti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y]See all Ras primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1125Y] to Ras
- Specificityab52939 is predicted to react with H-Ras, N-Ras and K-Ras.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N-terminal region of human Ras.
- Positive control
- C6 cell lysate and permeabilized PC-12 cells.
- General notes
Produced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
This product is available conjugated to DyLight® 488 see ab139859.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1125Y
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52939 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/500000. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa).
Is unsuitable for ICC or IHC.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionRas proteins bind GDP/GTP and possess intrinsic GTPase activity.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in HRAS are the cause of faciocutaneoskeletal syndrome (FCSS) [MIM:218040]. A rare condition characterized by prenatally increased growth, postnatal growth deficiency, mental retardation, distinctive facial appearance, cardiovascular abnormalities (typically pulmonic stenosis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and/or atrial tachycardia), tumor predisposition, skin and musculoskeletal abnormalities.
Defects in HRAS are the cause of congenital myopathy with excess of muscle spindles (CMEMS) [MIM:218040]. CMEMS is a variant of Costello syndrome.
Defects in HRAS may be a cause of susceptibility to Hurthle cell thyroid carcinoma (HCTC) [MIM:607464]. Hurthle cell thyroid carcinoma accounts for approximately 3% of all thyroid cancers. Although they are classified as variants of follicular neoplasms, they are more often multifocal and somewhat more aggressive and are less likely to take up iodine than are other follicular neoplasms.
Note=Mutations which change positions 12, 13 or 61 activate the potential of HRAS to transform cultured cells and are implicated in a variety of human tumors.
Defects in HRAS are a cause of susceptibility to bladder cancer (BLC) [MIM:109800]. A malignancy originating in tissues of the urinary bladder. It often presents with multiple tumors appearing at different times and at different sites in the bladder. Most bladder cancers are transitional cell carcinomas. They begin in cells that normally make up the inner lining of the bladder. Other types of bladder cancer include squamous cell carcinoma (cancer that begins in thin, flat cells) and adenocarcinoma (cancer that begins in cells that make and release mucus and other fluids). Bladder cancer is a complex disorder with both genetic and environmental influences.
Note=Defects in HRAS are the cause of oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Ras family.
modificationsPalmitoylated by the ZDHHC9-GOLGA7 complex. A continuous cycle of de- and re-palmitoylation regulates rapid exchange between plasma membrane and Golgi.
S-nitrosylated; critical for redox regulation. Important for stimulating guanine nucleotide exchange. No structural perturbation on nitrosylation.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. The active GTP-bound form is localized most strongly to membranes than the inactive GDP-bound form (By similarity). Shuttles between the plasma membrane and the Golgi apparatus.
- Entrez Gene: 3265 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3845 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4893 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15461 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 16653 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18176 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24525 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 24605 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 293621 Rat
- Omim: 164790 Human
- Omim: 190020 Human
- Omim: 190070 Human
- SwissProt: P01111 Human
- SwissProt: P01112 Human
- SwissProt: P01116 Human
- SwissProt: P08556 Mouse
- SwissProt: P32883 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q61411 Mouse
- SwissProt: P08644 Rat
- SwissProt: P20171 Rat
- SwissProt: Q04970 Rat
- Unigene: 37003 Human
- Unigene: 486502 Human
- Unigene: 505033 Human
- Unigene: 334313 Mouse
- Unigene: 102180 Rat
- c bas/has antibody
- c H ras antibody
- c has/bas p21 protein antibody
- C K RAS antibody
- c K ras2 protein antibody
- c Ki ras antibody
- c Kirsten ras protein antibody
- c ras Ki 2 protein antibody
- C-BAS/HAS antibody
- c-H-ras antibody
- C-HA-RAS1 antibody
- Cellular c Ki ras2 proto oncogene antibody
- CTLO antibody
- G1III6 N ras antibody
- GTPase HRas antibody
- GTPase KRas antibody
- GTPase NRas antibody
- H Ras 1 antibody
- H RasIDX antibody
- H-Ras-1 antibody
- H-RASIDX antibody
- Ha Ras antibody
- Ha-Ras antibody
- HAMSV antibody
- HRAS 1 antibody
- HRAS antibody
- HRAS1 antibody
- K Ras 2 antibody
- K ras antibody
- K ras p21 protein antibody
- K RAS2A antibody
- K RAS2B antibody
- K RAS4A antibody
- K RAS4B antibody
- K-RAS antibody
- KI RAS antibody
- Kirsten rat sarcoma 2 viral (v Ki ras2) oncogene homolog antibody
- KRAS 1 antibody
- KRAS 2 antibody
- KRAS antibody
- KRAS1 antibody
- KRAS2 antibody
- N ras antibody
- N ras oncogene antibody
- N-RAS antibody
- N-terminally processed antibody
- Neuroblastoma RAS viral (v ras) oncogene homolog antibody
- NRAS 1 antibody
- NRAS antibody
- NRAS1 antibody
- NS3 antibody
- Oncogene KRAS2 antibody
- p21 protein antibody
- p21ras antibody
- PR310 c K ras oncogene antibody
- RASH 1 antibody
- RASH_HUMAN antibody
- RASH1 antibody
- RASK 2 antibody
- RASK2 antibody
- Transforming protein N Ras antibody
- Transforming protein p21 antibody
- v Ha ras Harvey rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog antibody
- v Ki ras2 Kirsten rat sarcoma 2 viral oncogene homolog antibody
- v Ki ras2 Kirsten rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog antibody
- v ras neuroblastoma RAS viral oncogene homolog antibody
Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] images
Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] (ab52939) at 1/500000 dilution + C6 cell lysate at 10 µg/ml
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 18 kDa
Observed band size : 18 kDa
ab52939 at 1/100 dilution staining Ras in permeabilized PC-12 cells by flow cytometry (red). Rabbit IgG negative control (green).
Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] (ab52939) at 1/500 dilution +
Human Ras full length protein (ab56526) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 1 minute
References for Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] (ab52939)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lee HW et al. Real-time single-molecule co-immunoprecipitation analyses reveal cancer-specific Ras signalling dynamics. Nat Commun 4:1505 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23422673) »
- Jiang MC et al. CSE1L modulates Ras-induced cancer cell invasion: correlation of K-Ras mutation and CSE1L expression in colorectal cancer progression. Am J Surg 206:418-27 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23806821) »