Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] (ab52939)
- Product nameAnti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y]See all Ras primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1125Y] to Ras
- Specificityab52939 is predicted to react with H-Ras, N-Ras and K-Ras.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N-terminal region of human Ras.
- Positive controlC6 cell lysate and permeabilized PC-12 cells.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1125Y
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52939 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/500000. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa).
Is unsuitable for ICC or IHC.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionRas proteins bind GDP/GTP and possess intrinsic GTPase activity.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in HRAS are the cause of faciocutaneoskeletal syndrome (FCSS) [MIM:218040]. A rare condition characterized by prenatally increased growth, postnatal growth deficiency, mental retardation, distinctive facial appearance, cardiovascular abnormalities (typically pulmonic stenosis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and/or atrial tachycardia), tumor predisposition, skin and musculoskeletal abnormalities.
Defects in HRAS are the cause of congenital myopathy with excess of muscle spindles (CMEMS) [MIM:218040]. CMEMS is a variant of Costello syndrome.
Defects in HRAS may be a cause of susceptibility to Hurthle cell thyroid carcinoma (HCTC) [MIM:607464]. Hurthle cell thyroid carcinoma accounts for approximately 3% of all thyroid cancers. Although they are classified as variants of follicular neoplasms, they are more often multifocal and somewhat more aggressive and are less likely to take up iodine than are other follicular neoplasms.
Note=Mutations which change positions 12, 13 or 61 activate the potential of HRAS to transform cultured cells and are implicated in a variety of human tumors.
Defects in HRAS are a cause of susceptibility to bladder cancer (BLC) [MIM:109800]. A malignancy originating in tissues of the urinary bladder. It often presents with multiple tumors appearing at different times and at different sites in the bladder. Most bladder cancers are transitional cell carcinomas. They begin in cells that normally make up the inner lining of the bladder. Other types of bladder cancer include squamous cell carcinoma (cancer that begins in thin, flat cells) and adenocarcinoma (cancer that begins in cells that make and release mucus and other fluids). Bladder cancer is a complex disorder with both genetic and environmental influences.
Note=Defects in HRAS are the cause of oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Ras family.
modificationsPalmitoylated by the ZDHHC9-GOLGA7 complex. A continuous cycle of de- and re-palmitoylation regulates rapid exchange between plasma membrane and Golgi.
S-nitrosylated; critical for redox regulation. Important for stimulating guanine nucleotide exchange. No structural perturbation on nitrosylation.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. The active GTP-bound form is localized most strongly to membranes than the inactive GDP-bound form (By similarity). Shuttles between the plasma membrane and the Golgi apparatus.
- Entrez Gene: 4893 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3845 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3265 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18176 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 16653 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 15461 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 293621 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 24605 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 24525 Rat
- Omim: 190020 Human
- Omim: 164790 Human
- Omim: 190070 Human
- SwissProt: P01111 Human
- SwissProt: P01116 Human
- SwissProt: P01112 Human
- SwissProt: P08556 Mouse
- SwissProt: P32883 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q61411 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q04970 Rat
- SwissProt: P08644 Rat
- SwissProt: P20171 Rat
- Unigene: 486502 Human
- Unigene: 505033 Human
- Unigene: 37003 Human
- Unigene: 334313 Mouse
- Unigene: 102180 Rat
- c bas/has antibodyc H ras antibodyc has/bas p21 protein antibody
- C K RAS antibodyc K ras2 protein antibodyc Ki ras antibodyc Kirsten ras protein antibodyc ras Ki 2 protein antibodyC-BAS/HAS antibodyc-H-ras antibodyC-HA-RAS1 antibodyCellular c Ki ras2 proto oncogene antibodyCTLO antibodyG1III6 N ras antibodyGTPase HRas antibodyGTPase KRas antibodyGTPase NRas antibodyH Ras 1 antibodyH RasIDX antibodyH-Ras-1 antibodyH-RASIDX antibodyHa Ras antibodyHa-Ras antibodyHAMSV antibodyHRAS 1 antibodyHRAS antibodyHRAS1 antibodyK Ras 2 antibodyK ras antibodyK ras p21 protein antibodyK RAS2A antibodyK RAS2B antibodyK RAS4A antibodyK RAS4B antibodyK-RAS antibodyKI RAS antibodyKirsten rat sarcoma 2 viral (v Ki ras2) oncogene homolog antibodyKRAS 1 antibodyKRAS 2 antibodyKRAS antibodyKRAS1 antibodyKRAS2 antibodyN ras antibodyN ras oncogene antibodyN-RAS antibodyN-terminally processed antibodyNeuroblastoma RAS viral (v ras) oncogene homolog antibodyNRAS 1 antibodyNRAS antibodyNRAS1 antibodyNS3 antibodyOncogene KRAS2 antibodyp21 protein antibodyp21ras antibodyPR310 c K ras oncogene antibodyRASH 1 antibodyRASH_HUMAN antibodyRASH1 antibodyRASK 2 antibodyRASK2 antibodyTransforming protein N Ras antibodyTransforming protein p21 antibodyv Ha ras Harvey rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog antibodyv Ki ras2 Kirsten rat sarcoma 2 viral oncogene homolog antibodyv Ki ras2 Kirsten rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog antibodyv ras neuroblastoma RAS viral oncogene homolog antibody
Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] images
Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] (ab52939) at 1/500000 dilution + C6 cell lysate at 10 µg/ml
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 18 kDa
Observed band size : 18 kDa
ab52939 at 1/100 dilution staining Ras in permeabilized PC-12 cells by flow cytometry (red). Rabbit IgG negative control (green).
Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] (ab52939) at 1/500 dilution +
Ras protein (ab56526) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 1 minute
References for Anti-Ras antibody [EP1125Y] (ab52939)
This product has been referenced in:
- Maurer T et al. Small-molecule ligands bind to a distinct pocket in Ras and inhibit SOS-mediated nucleotide exchange activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:5299-304 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22431598) »
- Johnston M et al. HSP90 protein stabilizes unloaded argonaute complexes and microscopic P-bodies in human cells. Mol Biol Cell 21:1462-9 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20237157) »