Resistin Mouse ELISA Kit (ab108900)
- Product nameResistin Mouse ELISA KitSee all Resistin kits ...
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity= 0.06 ng/ml
- Range0.063 ng/ml - 4 ng/ml
- Assay time5h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Resistin, a novel adipose-derived protein, has been proposed to cause insulin-resistant states in obesity. Resistin is produced by white and brown adipose tissues but has also has been identified in several other tissues, including the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands, pancreas, gastrointestinal tract, myocytes, spleen, white blood cells and plasma. Resistin antagonizes insulin action, and is down regulated by rosiglitazone and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists. Resistin is elevated in patients with type 2 diabetes and may play a role in the vascular complications of this disorder. Recently, Resistin has been discussed controversially as a missing link between obesity and insulin resistance.
ab108900 Resistin Mouse ELISA kit is designed for detection of Mouse Resistin in plasma, tissue, and cell culture supernatants. This assay employs a quantitative sandwich enzyme immunoassay technique which measures resistin in 5 hours. A murine monoclonal antibody specific for Resistin has been pre-coated onto a microplate. Resistinin standards and samples is sandwiched by the immobilized antibody and a biotinylated polyclonal antibody specific for Resistin, which is recognized by a streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate. All unbound material is then washed away and a peroxidase enzyme substrate is added. The color development is stopped and the intensity of the color is measured.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Biotinylated resistin Antibody (50x): 1 x 140µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Diluent Concentrate (10x) 1 x 30ml Resistin Microplate (12 strips of 8 wells) 1 unit Resistin Standard 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 2 x 30ml
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
- Adipose tissue specific secretory factor Adipose tissue-specific secretory factorADSF
- C/EBP epsilon regulated myeloid specific secreted cysteine rich proteinC/EBP epsilon regulated myeloid specific secreted cysteine rich protein precursor 1 C/EBP-epsilon-regulated myeloid-specific secreted cysteine-rich proteinCysteine rich secreted protein A12 alpha like 2 Cysteine rich secreted protein FIZZ3Cysteine-rich secreted protein A12-alpha-like 2Cysteine-rich secreted protein FIZZ3FIZZ 3FIZZ3Found in inflammatory zone 3HXCP 1HXCP1MGC126603MGC126609PRO1199ResistinResistin delta2 RETNRETN 1RETN_HUMANRETN1UNQ407 XCP 1 XCP1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108900 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Resistin Mouse ELISA Kit (ab108900)
ab108900 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.