Anti-Respiratory Syncytial Virus antibody (ab20745)
- Product nameAnti-Respiratory Syncytial Virus antibodySee all Respiratory Syncytial Virus primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- SpecificityAll viral antigens including RSV A and RSV B. Does not react with Parainfluenza 1 to 3, Influenza A and B or Adenovirus by IFA. Negative cross reactivity with HEp2 cells and WI38 cells. Reacts well with bovine RSV isolates.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, ELISA, Conjugation more details
- Species reactivityReacts with RSV A and RSV B. Not yet tested in other species.
Viral lysate of Human RSV isolate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesSodium sulphate precipitation and DEAE chromatography.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20745 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20647383|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Conjugation||Conjugation: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceRespiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a major cause of respiratory illness in young children. RSV infection produces a variety of signs and symptoms involving different areas of the respiratory tract, from the nose to the lungs. RSV is a negative sense, enveloped RNA virus. The virion is variable in shape and size with average diameter of between 120 and 300 nm. The 63 kD RSV fusion protein of the RSS 2 strain (subtype A) directs fusion of viral and cellular membranes, results in viral penetration, and can direct fusion of infected cells with adjoining cells, resulting in the formation of syncytia or multi nucleated giant cells.
- Cellular localizationVirion. Host cytoplasm
- RS virus antibody
- RSV antibody
Anti-Respiratory Syncytial Virus antibody images
Immunofluorescence analysis of A549 cells infected with RSV, staining Respiratory Syncytial Virus with ab20745.
Cells were fixed with formalin before staining with primary antibody, followed by ab6881 - Donkey polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Goat IgG - H&L (FITC).
References for Anti-Respiratory Syncytial Virus antibody (ab20745)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mansfield KG et al. Molecular Localization Techniques in the Diagnosis and Characterization of Nonhuman Primate Infectious Diseases. Vet Pathol N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24168861) »
- Wu W et al. Characterization of the interaction between human respiratory syncytial virus and the cell cycle in continuous cell culture and primary human airway epithelial cells. J Virol 85:10300-9 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21795354) »