Anti-Retinoid X Receptor alpha antibody (ab80453)
- Product nameAnti-Retinoid X Receptor alpha antibodySee all Retinoid X Receptor alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Retinoid X Receptor alpha
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide: SLGPGIGSPG QLHSPISTLS SPINGMGPPF SVISSPMGPH SMSVPTTPTL , corresponding to N terminal amino acids 35-84 of Human Retinoid X Receptor alpha (NP_002948)
- Positive controlTransfected 293T cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab80453 is purified by a peptide affinity chromatography method.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Retinoic & Retinoid
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80453 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay: 1/312500.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 51 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionReceptor for retinoic acid. Retinoic acid receptors bind as heterodimers to their target response elements in response to their ligands, all-trans or 9-cis retinoic acid, and regulate gene expression in various biological processes. The RAR/RXR heterodimers bind to the retinoic acid response elements (RARE) composed of tandem 5'-AGGTCA-3' sites known as DR1-DR5. The high affinity ligand for RXRs is 9-cis retinoic acid. RXRA serves as a common heterodimeric partner for a number of nuclear receptors. The RXR/RAR heterodimers bind to the retinoic acid response elements (RARE) composed of tandem 5'-AGGTCA-3' sites known as DR1-DR5. In the absence of ligand, the RXR-RAR heterodimers associate with a multiprotein complex containing transcription corepressors that induce histone acetylation, chromatin condensation and transcriptional suppression. On ligand binding, the corepressors dissociate from the receptors and associate with the coactivators leading to transcriptional activation. The RXRA/PPARA heterodimer is required for PPARA transcriptional activity on fatty acid oxidation genes such as ACOX1 and the P450 system genes.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in liver, also found in lung, kidney and heart.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR2 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain (AF1 domain), a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain (AF2 domain).
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine and threonine residues mainly in the N-terminal modulating domain. Constiutively phosphorylated on Ser-21 in the presence or absence of ligand. Under stress conditions, hyperphosphorylated by activated JNK on Ser-56, Ser-70, Thr-82 and Ser-260 (By similarity). Phosphorylated on Ser-27, in vitro, by PKA. This phosphorylation is required for repression of cAMP-mediated transcriptional activity of RARA.
Sumoylation negatively regulates transcriptional activity. Desumoylated specifically by SENP6.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- FLJ00280 antibodyFLJ00318 antibodyFLJ16020 antibody
- FLJ16733 antibodyMGC102720 antibodyNR2B1 antibodyNuclear receptor subfamily 2 group B member 1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000022510 antibodyRetinoic acid receptor RXR alpha antibodyRetinoic acid receptor RXR-alpha antibodyRetinoid X nuclear receptor alpha antibodyRetinoid X receptor alpha antibodyRXR alpha1 antibodyRxra antibodyRXRA_HUMAN antibodyRXRalpha1 antibody
Anti-Retinoid X Receptor alpha antibody images
Anti-Retinoid X Receptor alpha antibody (ab80453) at 1 µg/ml + Transfected 293T cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 51 kDa
Observed band size : 51 kDa
Additional bands at : 50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Retinoid X Receptor alpha antibody (ab80453)
ab80453 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.